Home Sports Talk
Options

Jeff Bagwell and Craig Biggio

Even after waiting so long to get to a World Series and even after getting swept, these guys were true professionals and it showed. No sour grapes here - just compliments to the other team and stated they would be back next year. They could have moaned and groaned about plays, breaks, lack of offense, but they were true professionals. Kind of remind me of the demeanor of Lou Gehrig.

Was so impressed with Jeff Bagwell, that I went out and got a 1991 Ultra BGS 9.5 of his. (Sorry, wrong board)

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    It was kind of sad to see Bagwell pinch hitting. I hope he recovers fully for next year!!

You also got to wonder how Frank Thomas feels. All those years putting up big numbers, and the year they win it all, they didn't need him!!
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Also, was it just me, or did Bagwell look like he'd aged about 15 years in the past few months!? He was looking sickly almost.

I felt bad for both of them as well but no doubt that they'll be in the thick of things next fall.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I'd be very surprised if the Astros will be back. Clemens and Pettite are aging, just like the current Yankee staff as are Biggion and Bagwell. This is not a knock on them but to ask them to contribute day in and day our for 162 games is a lot. If you look at the Chisox roster its difficult to pick out anyone other than El Duque and Everett who don't have their best days ahead of them. It should be a great battle between Cleveland the Sox next year. The Yankees and Red Sox are in flux and it will depend on who they can pick up. Dang nothing to do tonight, no baseball game on. image