Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Submission Forms

I just couldn't take it anymore! It takes so darn long to fill out all the PSA submission forms that I created my own using Microsoft Works spreadsheets. I am pretty certain they can immediately be converted into Excel spreadsheets too. If anyone is interested in the files, PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you. I just completed a new submission and it must have taken me 1/3 of the usual time at most!

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• Options
    Someone took the time to make this as well. submission forms
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Problem with that link is that you have to remain online until it is completed - it is not a saveable file. Problem with the actual PSA form from their site is the same - it cannot be completed at different times unless you keep the link alive and active in that window. My forms also automatically add up the value column, so you don't have to pull out the trusty calculator and you can actually play around with the values to get to the actual level you want to reach for insurance purposes, which is what PSA uses it for as well.

I also created the cover page, so once you have saved the base files to your computer, you can put in all the consistent information like name and account number in yourself. Simply pull up the files and enter all the submission info. and save it to a file name of your choice (submission #?). Then the base files can be used every time you have a new submission. Also, when it comes times to print out your submission, you don't have to print out three pages of information regarding shipping policies and procedures and you will also have a saved copy of the entire submission in a file on your own computer, saving excess paperwork. The opening page (cover page) can also fit 25 subs. on it which also eliminates an extra page in the process.

The only catch is that I created this just for card submissions, not for tickets or PSA/DNA. Also, the current form was set up only listing "other" as the submission category since I have always submitted under specials. That can be manually changed by anyone in a second however, to match the details of their own submission.

• Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Smallstocks> Have you submitted anything to PSA yet using your own form? Did you get any sort of hassle because you used a home-grown and non-standard form?

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    I will be in the next couple of days but expect no problems whatsoever. It contains all the information they need including all disclaimers and signature page all of which was cut and pasted from their official forms. If anyone has an interest, I guess I can report back once my first submission with the forms is accepted.

• Options
    Definitely report back. Most companies like that really (REALLY!) don't like it when someone tries to reinvent their forms - even if they're better.

What I think PSA should do is make their submission forms available in a PDF format. When you click the "Print A Submission Form", it would then ask how many cards on the invoice. When you specify how many cards, it would then download a PDF form directly to your computer. You then open the PDF file using Acrobat Reader (free) and fill it in & print it. True, you wouldn't be able to save it unless you had the full version of Acrobat (which costs money). Even if I just printed the blank form, it would save me time because - what drives me bananas is that I almost never submit an order with less than 25 cards - so I need more than one form. The time spent crossing out the line number, writing in the new line #s on the successive sheets, then writing on the form that "this is page X of X" is a REAL HASSLE.

And great solutions aren't that hard and don't have to cost PSA much/any money.

Mike
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i sent an excel spreadsheet with the header and footer from the PSA form and i've not heard any complaints....there again, i don't have my submission results either...LOL image

received 10/10/05.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>what drives me bananas is that I almost never submit an order with less than 25 cards - so I need more than one form. The time spent crossing out the line number, writing in the new line #s on the successive sheets, then writing on the form that "this is page X of X" is a REAL HASSLE.

And great solutions aren't that hard and don't have to cost PSA much/any money.

Mike >>

Exactly why I think PSA won't mind. If they did, they would take the two minutes to create a second form for more than 25 submissions.

• Options
    My first two submissions with the newly created forms were accepted with no problems. Again, I saved tons of time by being able to copy and paste tons of duplicate information onto the forms and having automatic calculations of the declared value column. I also didn't have to print out excess pages of gibberish explaining PSA policies and shipping fees.

Mike

• Options
    Smallstocks> But have your grades popped yet? image

Mike
  • Options
    LOL. Probably get all 2's!!!

• Options
    Here's a copy of a PSA Form I created on an excel spreadsheet. I've used this form many times and received no complaints (or compliments) from PSA. I simply add enough lines to the excel form needed for a given submission and then attach pages #2 through 6 of the PSA Form to submit the cards. Also note the type of service is noted on the top of the excel generated form and highlighted in yellow per PSA instructions (i.e. "SET REGISTRY SPECIAL").

I really like using this form as all the features of excel can be utilized to prepare a neat submission which helps expedite the grading process such as spell-check. I also like to sort my submissions in card number order.

Contact me at seinbigd@hotmail.com and I will be happty to e-mail a copy of this form to you as well as answer any questions you may have about it.

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I like that form. Especially "Professional Sports Authenticato"

Mike- PM sent
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Not bad Steve.

• Options
    seinbigdseinbigd Posts: 206 ✭✭
    zef204:

Thanks for pointing out my mistake; I'll correct the Template before forwarding it to anyone that would like a copy.

BTW, didnt receive your PM yet.
  • Options
    For long submissions, I just attach a printout of an excel file with the appropriate columns. On the submission form I just write please see attached. Haven't had any problems with this method so far.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've used the forms that were linked in the 2nd post for a bunch of submissions, never a problem and the PSA rep thought they were pretty cool.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Well. . .I got the form from seinbigd and they're cool. Besides being able to insert the extra lines on the form, I think it's a big advantage to be able to use the Excel sheet as a template and do a Save As for each submission. Much easier to keep track of each Excel file than however many sheets stapled together.

Steve. . .I did have to adjust the columns a bit to get it to print nicely as Portrait.

Mike
  • Options
    Mike,

I have the same problem with excel. Let me know if you figure out why.
  • Options
    Steve,
    I've made some refinements.

First, the issue of fitting it to one page. I adjusted some of the columns and then went to Page Setup and told it to fit to one page.
    Other refinements -

-- Merged cells so the "YR" column makes a lot more sense and whatever you put there is centered.
    -- Merged cells in each of the header titles "QTY", "SPORT", etc and told Excel to wrap text and shrink to fit. Colored this row gray to provide a nice offset.
    -- Made corrections in the column which contains the invoice line # (Column A on the worksheet). Now when you insert additional rows, you can copy one of the cells with the equation in it, and it will auto-calculate the other line numbers. For whatever reason, it wasn't doing this for me before.
    -- Merged cells in the address field so everything is nice and neat in one cell rather than divided up into two cells.

Let me know what you think.

Mike
  • Options
    I already had all of these things taken care of in my submission files.

• Options
    seinbigdseinbigd Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Mike,

All refinements you made are great.

As a suggestion, I went into Page Setup and added 14-15 to the Rows to be repeated at top.

Steve