Home Metal Detecting
Options

Another ring--is it real?

Found another ring today with the 2500. That is the fourth ring this month (1 silver and 3 gold) and this one has me a little excited. I'm not sure if it is real, but I really want to think that it is. (Don't we all when we find something good) There are no marks on the inside. I am planning on taking it to a jeweler in the morning to try and get it appraised. Here are the pics--comments welcomed and appreciated. Tell me what you think.

Speer34

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Looks like a "custom made" ring... and from the last couple pics, I'd guess
    that it's at least 14k.

Congrats and hh image

Rick
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would've guessed that it's costume jewelry, but maybe you should have a jeweler check it out. (Edit- I see you are. Good- let us know!)

Real or fake, it's a nice find.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Cool. Looks like you get the Lord of The Rings title this month.image
    If it's heavy and came out of the ground looking like that, odds are in your favor.
  • Options
    Speer that is sweet looking!!I hope it turn's out to be real,let us know.HH,Tom
  • Options
    Truthfully, looks like costume jewelry. image
  • Options
    I think everybody is right; It’s a custom costume piece. I would love to find one just like it. Nice going.
    imageimage
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be real,due to the holes inside the ring where the stones are.
    If not it's still a nice looking ring.
    Al
  • Options
    Stopped by at the jeweler's today and had them take a quick look at the ring. The individual I spoke to said that the ring is REAL, he was 99% sure that it is 14 kt gold and the stones are real. He told me that I will probably have a hard time selling the ring as an antique here in the UK due to the ring not having any hallmarks. I may throw it up on ebay, just not sure yet.

When I first found it, I also thought that it was a costume piece, but after cleaning it up a little, I was fairly convinced it was real.

That's the fourth ring this monthimageimage I love finding that jewelery.
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Congrad. had me fooled
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Emeralds, rubies, & saphires, is my guess. Close to a 1/4 carat ea, is my guess. VERY NICE
  • Options
    Excellent find Scott!

The 2500 seems to be serving you well!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage