Home Sports Talk

USC Slipping to #2 a good thing?

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Meaning, is this the best motivation that can be given to this team without losing?

Much is being made of them sliding to 2 in the BCS rankings (a joke if you ask me), but it doesn't really matter who's 1 and 2, as they both get to the championship game.

Will this provide added motivation for the players, the coach feeding the whole 'lack of respect' angle to the team?

Comments

• IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Its totally meaningless, if both teams win out USC will pass them due to strength of schedule. If either one loses one of the other undefeated teams will move up.

• << <i>Meaning, is this the best motivation that can be given to this team without losing?

Much is being made of them sliding to 2 in the BCS rankings (a joke if you ask me), but it doesn't really matter who's 1 and 2, as they both get to the championship game.

Will this provide added motivation for the players, the coach feeding the whole 'lack of respect' angle to the team? >>

I despise college football, but from what I have heard, USC has a much tougher schedule ahead of it than Texas, so as long as USC continues winning, it will regain the #1 slot according to the computers. It is simply a matter of time, and I think the John Kerry lookalike caoch from USC knows this.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    As long as a team (like USC in this situation) can still determine their own fate and play for the National Championship game, then the drop does not mean a thing.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • meaning the country is finally realizing that USC is OVERRATED! A Cal win would put the seal on that! Texas plays nobodys! Texas Tech has the worse Div 1-AA schedule coming into that game! And just because you beat a team of high school players (OU) does not make you good! The aggies are licking their chops when these boys come! Isn't that game in college station? OHHHHHHHHH BOY!
    A lot of season left! BTW Props to Marcus Vick for winning another game. It will look even better when we hand them their first loss!
    Real recognize REAL
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>meaning the country is finally realizing that USC is OVERRATED! >>

Dude you're delusional...it was the COMPUTERS not the polls where USC slid to #2.

And your signature photos are STILL out of compliance...expect a PM from CU soon.

• << <i>

<< <i>meaning the country is finally realizing that USC is OVERRATED! >>

Dude you're delusional...it was the COMPUTERS not the polls where USC slid to #2.

And your signature photos are STILL out of compliance...expect a PM from CU soon. >>

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Need a bib ya big baby?
    How's a paci sound?
    Clown
    Real recognize REAL
  • I wish they would slip to 3rd without losing.

This would probably cause the NCAA to require this one last area of college athletics to have a playoff system.

<< <i>
    And your signature photos are STILL out of compliance...expect a PM from CU soon. >>

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Need a bib ya big baby?
    How's a paci sound?
    Clown >>

heh I take it you got the PM from CU? I think that common courtesy isn't in your dictionary (hell who am I kidding...you don't OWN a dictionary!)

• cry about it some more ya big baby. Not our fault you are to poor to afford anything higher then 56k.
    Real recognize REAL
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>cry about it some more ya big baby. Not our fault you are to poor to afford anything higher then 56k. >>

what an ignorant statement....well what's to be expected. In case you weren't aware, dial-up is the ONLY option that many areas of this country and numerous members of these boards have available to them.

What exactly do YOU pay per month for your internet connection Lou....or is that one of the perks mommy and daddy provide for your amusement. Where exactly do you work and what do you contribute to your family's existence?.....Posting and touting FSU as the greatest thing since sliced bread is not a job or a contribution. Neither is making sorry assed excuses for them when they get their asses handed to them by the equivalent of a high school team.

It's about time that CU did something with the sig lines and for your information I am on Roadrunner. Your sig line was utterly ridiculous and matched your childish personality and antics here on the forums. Who knows, maybe if you're lucky, someday...just maybe you too can grow up and become a "gemmy". Obviously you are one of those people that never does anything wrong and is above doing what they are told. Hell I bet it's never your fault.....kinda like FSU huh.

<< <i>cry about it some more ya big baby. Not our fault you are to poor to afford anything higher then 56k. >>

Hmm well I have 3 megabit cable modem at home, and a T1 at work. YOUR ignorance and selfishness has nothing to do with MY calling out your ridiculously big and obnoxious signature lines. Hell, if I wanted to, DSL is $15 a month...even a backwards noles fan can afford that, can't they?

Goose is right on the money...a good majority of the country either can't get highspeed, or don't pay for it. Their inability to do either shouldn't be compounded by the fact that YOU and your selfish ways.

It's good that your stupidly big signature lines are gone....maybe this will be the first (of many) times in your life when you're told no (as it's obvious your parents have always said yes to whatever you wanted).

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think that common courtesy isn't in your dictionary

Axhole who do you think you are? You have never exibited common courtesy here with the Crap you say to people.

You're constant attempts at starting arguments, name calling and downright cesspool of mouth have made you a laughingstock.

Now you can spin it anyway you wish (and I am sure you will) but you have said things here to me and other's that in person you would most probably have your face slapped.

SD
    Good for you.

<< <i>I think that common courtesy isn't in your dictionary

Axhole who do you think you are? You have never exibited common courtesy here with the Crap you say to people.

You're constant attempts at starting arguments, name calling and downright cesspool of mouth have made you a laughingstock.

Now you can spin it anyway you wish (and I am sure you will) but you have said things here to me and other's that in person you would most probably have your face slapped.

SD >>

WP...nice attempt at derailing, and nice way to try and pile on, but your moronic attempts and insulting me are (again) falling flat.

YOU on the other hand, have no team (that you've ever admitted to), you post mindless rants from a mind of a 6th grader, and you do nothing but name calling.

Now you use the word 'cesspool' just like softparade...so now it's clearer than ever that you 2 are the same, or you are riding his jock hardcore.

Look WP, I don't CARE what you think...you have NEVER posted ANYTHING worthwhile, you NEVER post anything other than jabs at me, you do NOTHING but try (again, emphasis on the word 'try') to insult me.

So why then must you always have to reply? i see you have been waiting a few minutes now in between posts so you can claim that you are not refreshing (excitedly)

Bottom line here is simple. you're a punk and YES I would say that in person to your face. Unlike you who would prefer to cower behind your comp.
    SD
    Good for you.
    Look WP, I don't CARE what you think...

I think you do.

why then do you always start?

SD
    Good for you.

<< <i>So why then must you always have to reply? i see you have been waiting a few minutes now in between posts so you can claim that you are not refreshing (excitedly)

Bottom line here is simple. you're a punk and YES I would say that in person to your face. Unlike you who would prefer to cower behind your comp.
    SD >>

Please...I am reading the boards, hardly refreshing excitedly (that's YOUR job punk)...and cower behind a computer? What are you talking about? You and I BOTH are behind computers...it's not like either one of us is in person.

How about you just keep my name out of your mouth, and I'll do the same? Keep the obnoxious replies to my posts out of your mouth, and you'll never have to worry about my insulting your intelligence again?

Deal? I'm ready to never reply to you again, if you are MAN enough to make a deal, and save the readers of these boards our trivial bickering.

Listen you MUTT you already said that onece before. I remm last week i posted about Mike Lupica and out of your ignorant, name calling mouth you just had to try and ridicule me. I can show you at least 100 times where you have STARTED. So listen I will reply to you're lame posts anytime I choose. maybe if you do not reply i will get sick of it? I doubt that though, you always have to try and belittle people. Now, that you are getting a taste of your own medicine you want it to stop.

as for being behind a comp i stated that I would in fact say whatever i say here TO YOU'RE face in person, that is what i am talking about. I would though keep you're wife and mother out of it UNLIKE you.

MUTT

SD
    Good for you.

<< <i>Listen you MUTT you already said that onece before. I remm last week i posted about Mike Lupica and out of your ignorant, name calling mouth you just had to try and ridicule me. I can show you at least 100 times where you have STARTED. So listen I will reply to you're lame posts anytime I choose. maybe if you do not reply i will get sick of it? I doubt that though, you always have to try and belittle people. Now, that you are getting a taste of your own medicine you want it to stop.

as for being behind a comp i stated that I would in fact say whatever i say here TO YOU'RE face in person, that is what i am talking about. I would though keep you're wife and mother out of it UNLIKE you.

MUTT

SD >>

Well it's apparent that you aren't willing to be at peace and keep the people from this board from our petty squabbling...and if you honestly think I care one iota about your opinion, or if you think I am one bit bothered by it, well, you are obviously overestimating your powers of persuasion and underestimating how little I care about you.

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Back to the original question: It's neither good nor bad, but I don't think it's entirely unwarranted. USC has had a knack this year of playing down to the level of their opponent while Texas has generally looked dominant. If neither team loses again, which is hardly a given due to USC's remaining games with Cal and UCLA, the #1-#2 issue really won't matter as the teams will settle the issue in Pasadena.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Then do yourself a favor and STFU? (where it applies to me) maybe you being silent will allow you to achieve you're goal.

SD
    Good for you.

<< <i>Then do yourself a favor and STFU? (where it applies to me) maybe you being silent will allow you to achieve you're goal.

SD >>

Just can't help it can you?

Just can't leave well enough alone?

Just can't help but hit that reply button, and try to prove that you're 'the man' and you're gonna tell me off, huh?

Moron.
    Just like you it appears.

i see you have NO SELF CONTROL

If you bothered to read what i said you would have had what you wanted.

SD

Good for you.
    /chuckle

you make me laugh long time WP!

Just have to get the last word in huh AXHOLE?

what happened to lets not reply to one another?

I see you have a problem with comprehnsion.

SD
    Good for you.

<< <i>Just have to get the last word in huh AXHOLE?

what happened to lets not reply to one another?

I see you have a problem with comprehnsion.

SD >>

Hmm you *just* got done saying:

<< <i>So listen I will reply to you're lame posts anytime I choose. >>

so it's apparent you had a problem accepting the olive branch I extened, it's apparent *you* are the one who wants this public feud to continue, it's apparent YOU are the problem.

At least you're good for something...making my day at work go by quicker and amusing me at the same time. I'd pity you, but pity is best saved for those that deserve it.
    How about you just keep my name out of your mouth, and I'll do the same? Keep the obnoxious replies to my posts out of your mouth, and you'll never have to worry about my insulting your intelligence again?

LOL that was an olive branch? If you also remm i said that you said that before. Why should I know accept what you say?

lol olive branch.............

edited to add: I think my way of saying it was more truthful. I said " why not just STFU then"? while you attempt to claim you have extended an olive branch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what a joke am I the only one here that see's right thriough this guy and his crap?

you do know where you can stick that olive branch dontcha?

SD
    Good for you.
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> you do know where you can stick that olive branch dontcha? >>

probably where the sun don't shine, but I would hate to just speculate

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240