Home Sports Talk
Options

What network was the game on last night? I don't think it was FOX since it played a new and interes

called the Roy Oswalt show. It was quite interesting, really. They focused on him and I think it was a live game, but the other team was rarely mentioned, but I have to assume it was the White Sox.

Among some of the highlights of the new reality based show:

1. Roy's favorite actor is Nicholas Cage
2. If Roy was not the best pitcher in the history of baseball, he would have been a redneck NASCAR driver.
3. He uses dynamite when fishing in order to "shock the fish" back home in Mississippi
4. His fast ball is so good that the other team was just swinging in a "defensive manner" or "had no chance at the nasty, nasty stuff"
5. Since Roy can make no mistakes (including his high BB/IP ratio, which was an anomaly of course), the other hitters were not good enough to capitalize on the pitch.
6. On the other side, when the other team's pitcher made a mistake, the announcers would state, "That was a big mistake and too bad that Houston player could not take advantage of it"
7. Also, when this other team was up at bat in extra innings, the announcers would state, "In the next inning, IF THE GAME GETS THAT FAR IN CASE HOUSTON WINS", this team has so and so coming up.

However, FOX did not capitalize on its own whorish image to improve ratings. See, there was a big dispute in this game, but Fox did not capitalize on it. A home run by an Astros player was not really a home run, but they did not play it to death like they should have. It could have been a big difference maker in the game. Also, a fan interfered with the other team's 1B in catching a ball that ultimately led to a walk. FOX could have milked that for innings, but did not.

See, I'm confused about the plot of this reality show. When I woke up this morning, I found out that the White Sox and Astros did play and that the White Sox roughed up Roy Oswalt and took a commanding 3-0 lead in the World Series. Also, I found out that the Sox ended up hitting Oswalt's "jaw dropping" fast ball pretty well. I also heard that the Astros pitching coach had to correct the FOX announcers and state that he wouldn’t go as far as saying Oswalt’s fast ball was “jaw dropping”

So was there a game on? Did FOX screw up its own ending to this reality show?

Thanks

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Fox is just wanting it to go back to Chicago for advertising revenue.
  • Options

<< <i>Fox is just wanting it to go back to Chicago for advertising revenue. >>

You mean the looonnnngggggg advertisements between piching changes, etc. are not enough? You don't say!! image

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    FOX jinxed the he11 out out of Oswalt. Get out the brooms!!!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read in USA Today that the TV ratings for this World Series are the lowest in TV history for a World Series.
  • Options
    With Joe Buck and Tim McCarver and 5 minutes of commercials for every 2 minutes of play, I don't blame people for not watching.

• Options
    I read in USA Today that the TV ratings for this World Series are the lowest in TV history for a World Series.

Not surprising. We're doing our part from what I head. After Chicago and Houston, Boston is #3 in the country in viewers for the series.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    FOX is about the most annoying network when it comes to sports...does every play need 10 instant replays?

Not sure what else people want in a world series...the games have been close, hard fought....if people don't watch this, they don't like good baseball and there aren't real fans.

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Its the most compelling series in a long time.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>FOX is about the most annoying network when it comes to sports...does every play need 10 instant replays?

Not sure what else people want in a world series...the games have been close, hard fought....if people don't watch this, they don't like good baseball and there aren't real fans. >>

image These games have been exciting and well played. These two manager have heart which is probably why their teams like playing for them and in turn play well. This is just good baseball.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    It's really sad that this was the lowest rated series ever. Every game was close, could have gone either way, but, for some reason if the Yanks/Red Sox/Cubs aren't involved, the country doesn't seem to care. These type of matchups are what baseball really needs for awhile, not so sure if FOX would agree, though...
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    One more thing, I long for the days when I could watch a game and not have to see an in-depth ad/promo for EVERY single show on a network's schedule!