Home Sports Talk
Options

Oswalt shelled in 5th Inning!!! Astros lose in 14 Innings!!

Man, nothing is going Houston's way.

They will need help from the Curse of the Black Sox to make a comeback now!!!

Comments

• Options
    FOX game calling is definitely going Houston's way. That is for sure.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Its been an interesting series and exciting, but to say nothing is going their way is not the way I see it. They got a gift homerun from the umps and got one hit over the last 9 innings. How may I ask do they deserve to win a game with one hit from the fifth inning on. The score would have been 9-4 in the fifth if Uribe's foul had been 4 feet to the left. Do you think the Sox pitching might have more to do with things not going their way.

Also I was disappointed in Scrap Iron, instead of throwing chairs, cussing and abandoning his team in the post game interview he should have paid attention to the game and managed it. He let Roy go too long as well as Estacio. I was certain he would squeeze in the ninth with Biggio and/or Taveras both great bunters.
  • Options
    Well I was referring to Oswalt, the only "sure thing" the Astros had left. Now that Oswalt failed them, there is no hope at all. They got beat soundly by the White Sox -- not even a curse can stop them now. I guess now the curse of the Billy Goat may go down in 2006 -- cheer up Cubs fans!!

The replays of that home run stunk --- I could not tell if the ball was left or right of the line. What a stupid design -- they should have a little alley there or something so there is no question whether it is a HR or not.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    This is what happens when someone on drugs designs a ballpark, what a joke. image
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Same problem that has plagued them all year round. Lack of batting. They just couldn't get the ball into play. Some sports analysts on WEEI made some observations this morning and said that EVERY batting lineup in the American League is better than the one Houston has right now, even Tampa Bay. I personally think they're done. That was a really demoralizing defeat.