Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

RHB (Ron Bozarth) Lincoln Set to be sold at FUN

As far as I know, Ron is not a wealthy man but he struggled over several years to put together the #2 Set in the All-Time Finest Registry in the Lincoln Cent Basic Set 1909 to date and the Lincoln Set w/Varieties 1909 to date ALSO in the #2 slot! He's also #5 in All-Time finest in the 1909-1958 set.

This was an amazing undertaking and I'm sad to see the set dispersed. His coin will appeal to those that can't afford some of the super gems in the Walsh set but Ron's got some real "stoppers" such as the 1926-S 1c in MS-64 Rd and the 1922 No D 1c in MS-62 Bn, to say nothing of the very tough mintmarked reds in the teens and 20's that most need but can't afford in grades like those in the Walsh set.

Ron's a great guy and I wish him well. I see many opportunities out there for many to upgrade with dates that have become all but impossible to find these days.

Ira
Dealer/old-time collector

Comments

• Thanks for the info Ira. This set has many memorials that I have interest in. I will watch this auction
    closely and I wish Ron the best. Here's to a great set and may the auction reward the owner well! image

RegistryNut image
  • WOW. I have been noticing that Ron has been creeping up towards the top as of late. Great opportunity here for us lincoln collectors. Its probably not a bad time to sell as upgrades at the top of the heap are a common everyday occurence...competition will be stiff. Best of luck to ya Ron...I'll be watching closely myself image

Ron Bozarth's #2 Lincoln Basic Set 1909-Present

Ron Bozarth's #2 Lincoln Variety Set 1909-Present

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another great set that will no doubt help pollenate other sets in the registry.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Thank You all for your wishes of good luck with the sale of my Lincoln Registry Sets in the upcoming January 2006 Heritage FUN auction. I spent a long time putting these sets together and it was definitely a "labor of love". I would also like to thank all those folks who helped me acquire coins for these sets over the years... Ira Stein, Wayne Herndon, Heritage, David Lawrence, Jaime Haletky, Jaime Hernandez, Sergio Sanchez, David Weygant, Jim Halfron, Bill Corum, Jim Sprankle, Angel Dees, Horizons Alliance, Bow Tie Coins, David Gaines, Pine Valley Coins and so many others I can't even remember them all. Ira in particular was wonderful to work with and ALWAYS came up with PQ coins for me.

So once again... thank you one and all!

Ron Bozarth
    ron1
  • oh my! Ron! Best of luck! I know you really enjoyed those coins. Let's hope whatever you end up doing with the money, that you really enjoy that too! Best of luck!

(Dang I need to start saving up some cash image )
  • Ron are all of the coins already gone to heritage?
  • Good Luck Ron!
  • Hello All....

In response to your questions... Yes, Heritage is (and has been for some time) in possession of my Registry set. They have been making flyers and taking pictures for the FUN 2006 catalogue etc. Again... thank you all for your help in putting this together and for your wishes of good luck.

Here is the photo of the PCGS 1926-S MS64 RD btw...
    PCGS 1926-S MS64 RD . Everytime I look at this photo I find myself wondering why it's not an MS65 RD!!!

Best Regards,
    Ron
    ron1
  • Hi Ron, That 1926-S should definitely be a Full RED. That is one Gorgeous coin. Good Luck in Liquidating your FABULOUS set. Definitely enjoy all that you worked hard for. image
    Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    The 26 S is gorgeous and seems much nicer than a 64.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.