Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New Images. Tell me what you think. Be truthfull.

The computer blew up last week so this is a new attempt at pictures with a new computer and a new photoshop program. Are these shots any good at all ?

imageimage

Thank You.

Ken

Comments

• Options

very nice. Captured the toning very well.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Those are really nice coins, and good shots too. Can't wait to see more.

And you're welcome!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also bought a new monitor. On this monitor the pictures that I took before looked way too light and washed out. These new pictures look completely different and more life like.

Is this what you are seeing also ?

The shot of the 1885 2 double is the same coin that is in my signature line. The sig line is a before new computer picture.

Cheers.

Ken
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice images. Not washed out or too light.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Here is one more.

imageimage

Ken
  • Options
    Not bad at all.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Quite nice. Captured the lustre extremely well!

I would take the coins out of 2x2s to photograph them though; that layer of plastic can sometimes monkey with the realism of the surfaces.

I'm in the process of moving all of my coins from stapled 2x2s to saflips, so that if/when I need to rephotograph any, they're a lot easier to work with.
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Oooh - is that some peripheral rainbow toning going on with that NZ 3p?

P.S. Can I have it? image
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    I would take the coins out of 2x2s to photograph them though

Very nice pix nonetheless, esp. the 2 doubles.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I also bought a new monitor. On this monitor the pictures that I took before looked way too light and washed out. These new pictures look completely different and more life like. >>

Same thing happened to me when I switched from a CRT to a flap panel monitor.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I also bought a new monitor. On this monitor the pictures that I took before looked way too light and washed out. These new pictures look completely different and more life like. >>

Same thing happened to me when I switched from a CRT to a flap panel monitor. >>

Not to change the subject but it looks to me that a good monitor is very important when you buy or sell on Ebay. The photos in this thread are basically right out of the camera. Before I had to go into Photo Shop and tweak them so that they would look good on my monitor. Probably they looked terrible on some other monitors. Thats my guess. What a difference !!!

Ken
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Good shots and neat coins!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Very nice pictures! They lend confidence to the viewer as to what exactly what the coin looks like. image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Good Pics image - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    Thanks for the opinions. Here is one more double coin just for the fun of it. This is a coin I REALLY like...image

imageimage

Ken
  • Options
    Nice coins and shots......
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    image to the coins and pictures!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice coins great pictures...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.