Home Sports Talk
Options

Auburn Kicker Attempts Suicide after he misses 5 field goals vs No. 7 LSU

Auburn Kicker Attempts Suicide after he misses 5 field goals vs No. 7 LSU

BY CHRISTA TURNER
Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer

BATON ROUGE, La. - Auburn place-kicker John Vaughn collapsed to the ground after watching the worst night of his career unfold.

Vaughn missed five field goals, including a 39-yarder Auburn needed to force another overtime with LSU.

Vaughn's attempt into a brisk and swirling 15 mph wind at Tiger Stadium clanged off the left upright, sending waves of joy through a school-record crowd of 92,646 as seventh-ranked LSU hung on for a 20-17 overtime win over Auburn on Saturday night.

Just moments after the teams return to Alabama, it was reported today that John Vaughn, field goal kicker for the Auburn Tigers, tried to commit suicide by hanging himself after the loss to LSU Saturday night. His attempt was unsuccessful due to his inability to kick the stool out from under his feet.

Comments

• Options
    shoulda gone the exhaust pipe into a box routine with a bottle of whisky; what was he thinkin?
  • Options
    honestly that is not funny at all. And if you had a family member die of suicide...you sure as hell would not think that is funny.
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize in advance for this...

<<< His attempt was unsuccessful due to his inability to kick the stool out from under his feet. >>>

...I guess the guy just can't kick.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>honestly that is not funny at all. And if you had a family member die of suicide...you sure as hell would not think that is funny. >>

A FSU fan complaining about tastelessness? Ironic, no?
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>honestly that is not funny at all. And if you had a family member die of suicide...you sure as hell would not think that is funny. >>

A FSU fan complaining about tastelessness? Ironic, no? >>

Truely the definition of irony!!

(I bet that "family member" did it because they could not bear to be related to such an obnoxious loud-mouth ass like skippy2louise.)

• Options
    These teams are going to have to have team psychiatrists to go along with team physicians.
  • Options

<< <i>And if you had a family member die of suicide...you sure as hell would not think that is funny. >>

I have and that joke is funny.
  • Options
    Anyone that would joke about suicide, and especially anyone who has had a relative who commited suicide and finds joking about suicide funny is a piece of crap.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An old women dosen't want to live so she decides to commit suicide. She goes to her doctor and asks him what the best way to commit suicide is. He says well shooting yourself in the heart is a good way. Then the old lady asks where is your heart? The doctor responds it's right behind your left breast. So the old lady says ok and goes home. She commits suicide. The next day the cops find her dead with a bullet in her knee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A blonde hurries into the emergency room late one night with the tip of her index finger shot off.

"How did this happen?" the emergency room doctor asked her.

"Well I was trying to commit suicide" the blonde replied.

"What?" sputtered the doctor. "You tried to commit suicide by shooting your finger off???"

"No silly!" the blonde said. "First I put the gun to my chest, and I thought: I just paid $6,000.00 for these breast implants, I'm not shooting myself in the chest.

"So then?" asked the doctor.

"Then I put the gun in my mouth, and I thought: I just paid $3000.00 to get my teeth straightened, I'm not shooting myself in the mouth."

"So then?"

"Then I put the gun to my ear, and I thought: This is going to make a loud noise. So I put my finger in the other ear before I pulled the trigger."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A woman, fair of face and long of leg is standing on the G.W. Bridge
    preparing to jump. "Life is no good to me!", she thinks and steels herself
    for the rush of air as she plummets to her doom.
    Just then, a merchant-marine shows up, screeches to a halt and hops out of
    his car. "What are you doing?", he asks. She responds by saying, "Life is
    awful - I'm going to end it all!"

With a look of sincerest pity, the marine says, "Listen, don't jump. I'm
    about to be shipped out to the Mediteranean. Why don't you come along with
    me. I'll stow you away on the ship, and when we get to the other side of
    the ocean, I'll give you a little money to get started - you can start a
    whole new life! All I ask in return is gratuitous sex on the trip over."

The woman considers this, thinking "A new life! - for a little sex?" Not
    only would she get a new life out of the deal, but the marine IS kinda
    handsome - sex won't be so bad at all.

"OK", she agreed. And with that, the marine took her to the ship and they
    left port - she, stowed-away under a lifeboat.

Every day, the marine would bring her food and water and she would perform
    the gratuitous sex. Everything was great. But about 10 days into the
    journey across the sea, the ship's captain was walking the deck when he
    heard a noise from under the lifeboat. Looking under it, he found the
    beautiful woman.

"What are you doing here?", asked the captain.

"I'm sorry sir," she cried, "I'm a stow-away traveling to Europe to start a
    new life. I didn't mean to make a fool of you by hiding abord your ship."

"Me?" the captain asked. "What about you?"

"What do you mean?" she asked.

To which the captain said, "This is the Staten Island Ferry."

I think this makes me a pile of crap.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    Just goes to prove we all take sports too seriously sometimes.
  • Options
    Wow, another knee slapping joke from you, keep it up, you're on a roll.image
  • Options
    None of my family or anyone I know has committed suicide. I just don't see how it's "Funny" when someone thinks there life is over. Especially relating it to a damn football game. People feel they have nothing to live for so they kill themselves....And this moron thinks it's cute to relate that to a sports game? what about the football player who just recently killed himself after he had a BIG game? I bet his parents would love to read this attempt at humor...suicide is a joke....wtf is wrong with you people?
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options

<< <i>suicide is a joke....wtf is wrong with you people? >>

get a load of the FSU fan complaining about tastelessness? as Axtell has pointed out several times, it is truly most Ironic!
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone that would joke about suicide, and especially anyone who has had a relative who commited suicide and finds joking about suicide funny is a piece of crap. >>

euthanasia would be appropriate in your case.. that would be humorous..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    After the 86 world series Bill Bucker tried committing suicide as well. He allegedly stepped in front of a bus, but the bus went through his legs.

-Gotta love the humor
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Maybe less people would kill themselves if they were able to read some of these funny jokes
  • Options
    a little redemption tonight - TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!