Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Results from weekend coin show

Here in Spokane, Washington we have a small coin show twice a year - this weekend was the fall show and I bagged some goodies.
I spent about $40.00 total and got these:
imageimage

Many were in the 10 or 12 for a dollar boxes including this really nicely toned Mexican 20 centavos:

imageimage

A real nice Indian lion!!

And, of course, A ship!!!

Shep

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bulk box searching is great at coin shows. Nice grabs shep.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    That looks like about $2 per coin for a nice mix of material. What fun!

Guess there's no worry about how they'll slab eh?

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    The Swedish ship was the most expensive at $8.00 - You gotta love this World coin area, for sure.
    Shep
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    The Swedish ship was the most expensive at $8.00

Not bad for a 40 year old silver ship coin!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options

<< <i>The Swedish ship was the most expensive at $8.00 - You gotta love this World coin area, for sure.
    Shep >>

Those are nice coins. I had to have one for my commem set when I found out about them. Sorry we got behind schedule down in California. It would have been fun hitting the show with you.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Steve - good to hear from you - would have been fun if you were here, neat little show.
    Shep
    The Swedish ship was the most expensive at $8.00

That date is 1938 not 1958image
    S.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    What a pretty little haul, I love these group photos. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Nice little group there. My son and I are hitting the Salt Lake show this weekend and I'm sure he'll end up with a nice little handful of coins from the world junk boxes. Last year he ended up with about 20 coins he liked for 10 bucks and I ended up with a Photograde book. image

Millertime
  • Options
    I haven't made it to that show in a couple years. image If you know Coulport, tell him hi and that he's on the list.

and here's a small junk box find I had recently. When I saw the 50c and pointed out that it was silver, the dealer said no problem, still 10/$1.00. So I dug out the 20c and the Straights Settlement 10c, too. I figured the two 5c were just freebies after that.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Nice ship Shep!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    ecosecos Posts: 391
    They are all very nice OldShep!
    I think that Mexican toner is real purdy...

WTG image
  • Options
    It looks like the sun is rising from behind the mountain on the reverse of your new centavo. I love that look. The 2 Kroner coin is very nice also. Would like to see one in MS. First thing Im doing when I go to the next coin show is stopping at the foreign table. Lots of variety for a reasonable
    cost. Would be nice to be able to cherry-pick a series.
    Collecting cleaned, scratched, scraped, AT and ugly POS coins for over 2 years now!