Home Stamps Forum

Making your own stamp? Collectable?

I stoppped collecting stamps 20 years ago so I'm not up to date with the community.
I'm mostly into coins or currency.
I came across this link

Are these collectable and if so how?
What do you stamp collectors think about it?

Thank in advance for the info, and hello all.

Comments

• dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Hopefully this might get more people into stamp collecting although its not advertised well. USPS has option to print your own postcards, but they don't mention about Yahoo's stamp option though(if they do, its not easily seen).

IMO, these may be collectible to some collectors but the value will probably be minimal. These are like the labels you get from the USPS kiosks with just an image attached.
  • I believe these stamps will be more like semi-postals and cinderellas. You will have some people collecting but it will be a very small number of collectors. If it is pictures of kids, you might want to hang on to them just in case the kid grows up to be a president or a serial killer.

• << <i>I believe these stamps will be more like semi-postals and cinderellas. You will have some people collecting but it will be a very small number of collectors. If it is pictures of kids, you might want to hang on to them just in case the kid grows up to be a president or a serial killer. >>

Funny.image

At least for today you get free shipping if you order online. I tried to put 6 different images(mostly coins, one Pheobe Cates) the Zazzle stamp site recommend only one image warning that the rest will not be fully printed. I cancelled it.
  • I can see it opening doors for conterfieters. But putting the kids on it is still so cool
  • Wow! These will be collectible if famous people do them. Watch Madonna do one? First ever banned postage stamp! Is anyone here using them?

Hi Man! Nice coin from Nepal you won!

Jerry