Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Pics added to my registry

Finally, I have taken some pics that I like. I really do need to play around with the camera some more tho. Take a look my statehood quarters and tell me what you think, not of the quarters, but the pics. Comments, criticism, and tips welcome. These were taken with an Olympus C8080 wide zoom camera. Iso set at 50 or 64, shot in macro mode. I used a halogen 200w shop light, about 3 feet above the slabs, with a 60w sylvania "edison" light about a foot lower and to the right maybe 2 feet and angled on an adjustable gooseneck. All the pics cropped, resized and color adjusted with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0. I wish I had a copy stand so I could get the focal length the same each time.

Comments

• I think they look fantastic - very nice
  • Thank you Stunner.
  • mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Great Pic's image

• Hi mas, and thank you. You know, it was a lot of work getting the pics, but well worth it. I like to go to the registry and look at other collections, but sometimes I get tired of the lists, grades, etc, and no pics. I understand a lot of folks don't do this for security reasons. Its sad when you think about it. So many beautiful coins out there that aren't getting shared. And also, realizing the hours it took me to get
    these, I can see where others just don't have the time to do it.