Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Are PL or DMPL Morgans worth any extra points in your registry set?

I couldn't find anything about this in the registry section.

Comments

• PL and DMPL should not be worth more in a registry set that does not require the coins to be PL and DMPL.
  • garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    I do not think it makes a difference in the "Set Rating", but I think it does make a defference in the "Weighted GPA"

I am not sure but I think you get 1 additional weighting point for a PL and 2 additional weighting points for a DMPL.
  • There are several Morgan registry sets, and the answer to your question depends on which set you are talking about. For example, no extra value is given for PL/DMPL coins in the "basic" set or the "with varieties" set. However, in the "PL/DMPL" set and the "PL/DMPL with varieties" set, extra value is given. Most coins have a 1 point bonus for PL and a 2 point bonus for DMPL, but the tough coins have higher bonuses. For example, a 1921 has a 4 point bonus for DMPL. By the way, the PL/DMPL sets do not require that all coins be PL or DMPL (only 50% need be PL or DMPL). Finally, in the new variety sets (e.g. the top 100 set), no bonuses are given for PL or DMPL.
  • BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭
    Yale is correct. For whatever silly reason only the 2 sets w/ "prooflike" in the titles are weighted. It is also worth mentioning that the Carson City set is not weighted (which makes absolutely no sense).

The weighting for individual dates can be found Here