Home Stamps Forum
Options

Dead

Hello all.
New member here, singleline is the name.
I noticed the stamp forsale & trade forum is kinda dead!
Has it always been like this?

Singleline

Comments

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since I joined over a year ago it's been quiet most of the time.
  • Options
    Stamp collectors are very laid back image
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    We take weekends off image
  • Options
    It dont get anymore laid back than Dead!image
  • Options

<< <i>It dont get anymore laid back than Dead!image >>

Go Sox image

• Options
  • Options
    Go Astros!image
  • Options
    Bah!

• Options
  • Options
    Yeah, these forums haven't had a lot going on, except for the coin forums I guess. I am going to start posting her more so maybe we can get things going. Seems like were letting the coin collectors take over the place.... image
  • Options

<< <i> Bah! >>

Dude I'm just happy they made it the World Series. Go Astros!image
  • Options
    Part of the bigger problem is that most avid stamp collectors don't know this forum exist. Anyway, it's good to see a couple more people join us here. I collect both stamps and currency. My coin hobby went to buying and selling only.

Jerry
  • Options
    Kinda slow today.
  • Options
    Get out, Glicker image
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Get out, Glicker image >>

• Options
    I'm an avid collector of stamps But I never really hear any depth of discussion on this forum. Like the long thread with Sc#718 stamp on whether a .20 cent stamp was regummed or not , who cares. Now find a top quality stamp of that # and that's a different story. It's always how baseball cards are better or coins. I've collected both and like both although I think sports cards are a waste to pour the amount of money one has to, to get good cards. I always found that cards (ungraded unslabbed)) fluctate from 100's of dollars to nothing ($5.00) very very easily. I use to sell my super high value cards as fast as I got them before they were "old" which use to be about 3 months inwhich time they would drop 40-80 % in value in thew beckett. Eventually my outdated Beckett would be worth more than the card. I still have most of my cards although only a few have increased in value and most have decreased. My stamps continue to rise in value and have a REAL WORLD value as I only collect high quality. I collected high quality cards too but all of them are(or mostly all) super high quality because a week before 4 Billion just came out of a printing press. I'm not knocking cards I just someone who actually was interested in a discussion something beyond," I just found four stamps at my grandma's they are from 1954 and are really cool looking. They have been torn in half and taped back together but look good for their age. I looked up a stamp in the library stamp catalog there were 5 versions of the stamps I found. Four of them are worth 20 cents the other one is worth $10,000. I'm sure mine is the $10,000 one although I know nothing about stamps. I will list it on ebay and start it below the catalog value at $9,900. Please don't tell me I have a 20 cent stamp because I'll know you're just trying be a party pooper because you're jealous of my great find." Well you get the idea. Or ," I don't like stamps but is this one with Hitler worth alot ? I think it has to be because someone told me Hitler stamps were rare."
  • Options
    EDUEKU - I am with you on your thinking. This board could use a lot more discussion and less posting of dancing people or smiley faces. I like to think of myself as a collector and more. I specialize in 19th century US but I can definitely imagine the collection you must have. You use the moniker EDUEKU, does that mean you are also a postal history collector?