Home Metal Detecting

Hey phut

I found a picture identical to the one I found in Buxton, though I haven't cleaned it up yet there is no question in my mind this is what it is.

"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• the other side

• It's called a Boyce Moto Radiator Gauge, Universal. So it isn't original to any particular car I don't think. From what I gather it is a replacement thet will fit several other radiators in it's day though I don't know for sure which day that would be. I found a picture of a 1914 Mod.T with something similar.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found one once. Thought it was a really fat pocket watch at first. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • That's funny. The one I found has a little more to it than just the gauge. It also has the sensor that goes into the top of the radiator and more of a base than the one pictured.
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087
    That's cool. I wonder if yours still works.
    I bet if we dug all of the steel signals we probably could have found the vehicle it came from.
    That site still bugs me. I know there is a lot more there, but it just don't want to give up the ghost.

<< <i>Thought it was a really fat pocket watch at first. >>

That would take an XXL pocket and probably put a nice bruise on your leg.
  • It's amazing the glass is still intact after all those years underground. And the alcohol tube is intact also. Another thing I thought about was even way back then there were aftermarket parts for cars.

• << <i>That site still bugs me. I know there is a lot more there, but it just don't want to give up the ghost.

<< <i>Thought it was a really fat pocket watch at first. >>

That would take an XXL pocket and probably put a nice bruise on your leg. >>

I should have had the weed whacker that day to knock down all the golden rod close to the old homestead. That is where the good stuff may be.

<< <i>I should have had the weed whacker that day to knock down all the golden rod close to the old homestead. That is where the good stuff may be. >>

I'll hit it again in the spring after the snow has flattened everything. Unless you decide to go pick up the plow blade. Then I'll have no choice but to throw down the coil again.
    Just noticed your sigline.image Does standing outside yelling "Slow Down" count? Nobody speeds on this street anymore.
  • It was a quote from a site promoting carrying concealed weapons, it made sense to me.
  • I guess I won't make a special trip after the plow. I don't have anything to hang it on and it's too heavy to try and get into the back of the truck.