Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1952 Red Man Duke Snider PSA 8 Mastro Result

Wow !! Almost 7 times SMR at $7,340 including commission. A very hot market for 1952 Red Man in all conditions it seems. Even PSA 7 prices on eBay have been through the roof.

I consider Snider just a cut below Mays and Musial in desirabilty, and they go for $3,000 to $4,000 in PSA 8. Of course, the Musial is a pop 4 and the Mays is a pop 7, so maybe the Snider at a pop 1 makes some sort of sense.

I believe a pop 1 Feller PSA 8 sold last year for $3,000, and the pop 5 Williams PSA 8 has sold for $10,000 to $13,000 in two recent sales.

The strength in the Red Man market has been surprising to me considering the populations in PSA 8's have doubled in the last year.

visit www.redmancards.com

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The strength in the Red Man market has been surprising to me considering the populations in PSA 8's have doubled in the last year.

visit www.redmancards.com >>

I think that there are a number of baseball card issues that, when too rare in top grade, many top collectors simply shy away, as they will not be able to put together a set in really nice grade. So sometimes, it seems, growth in populations lead to many new collectors joining the foray -- increasing the overall strength of prices.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.