Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

World's Most Annoying Dealer

I figured I would ask this.

Have you ever seen a dealer pay triple SMR for a common?

Who do you guys think is the most annoying dealer and why?

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Alan Rosen.

No explanation required.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Honestly, I have to say my dealings with Al have been pretty civil. I will be honest and say he can be VERY ANNOYING, when trying to buy your cards from you. I mean, when I still had my 1955 AA FB set, which was #3 in the registry, he offered me a whopping 20K for it in cash.

Does anyone know what he is doing now anymore?? I know he still does all the shows and will buy anything under the sun, but where and when is he selling any of it? He isn't having any auctions anymore. So what does he do with all of it??

I am still going to be silent for my vote for most annoying.
  • Options
    Rosen is known as a flip salesman. He buys collections and flips them to the bigger dealers like Kit Young and the others he normally sells to. He rarely holds onto anything for a longer time period. I can't stand him personally, but he has seemed to make a decent living in doing this no matter how shady or poor his business practices may be.

He has these certain dealers on the side that will buy from him while he puts his name out there and usually gets a good percentage of material from his over exposure. He's happy and the dealers are happy with all of the new material the get by using Rosen as their so called "buyer".
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    The annoying brother (not the cool one) of BMW. Worst. Without question.
  • Options

<< <i>Alan Rosen.

No explanation required. >>

hey,update child avatar already~

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    How about Brian Cataquet (tobeeecat on ebay). I may still have an old email from him where combined shipping for two lots was MORE than listed shipping on each lot separately.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Alan Rosen without a doubt. I met him once in Chicago and he was a real jerk.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>The annoying brother (not the cool one) of BMW. Worst. Without question. >>

I'll go with this. I don't know which one it was, but one of the brothers was spouting off with the occasional phrase in French at least year's Toronto expo. He gets my vote hands down.
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    It's got to be Jay Wolt and his constant crying everytime the Redskins beat the Giants.image
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    There is a certain dealer whose name I'll not mention who comes off as this kindly genteel older guy, then gets pissed if you won't sell to him. He has been known to follow people to other tables when they are pitching their collections to other dealers, angering both collector and dealer alike. In recent years he has gotten worse about this, as his high end inventory has dwindled and as the competition for high end material has increased. He's not the world's worst dealer, but deserves at least an honorable mention.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Alan Rosen is annoying in a funny way ... Steve Verkman (Clean Sweep) is annoying in an annoying way.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    It's not a specific dealer, just a symbol of a dealer we've all maybe encountered: the one who after deciding not to buy your card literally throws it back to you across his showcase with a resounding CLUNK.

I'll walk away laughing the day it shatters his showcase.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Edited to delete my vote - I realized that to mention his name might cause someone to look at his auctions and thus get him more suckers....er, customers.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."