Home Metal Detecting
Options

A very nice dug Hammered half Groat...

...fortunately as a detectorist in the UK, with some superb land to walk, I do have the pleasure in finding some very nice examples in amongst the bad stuff.

Here is a Half Groat of Henry 6th, Rosette-Mascle issue of London. 1427-30. (Unfortunately, he does appear to have cut himself shaving over the years)

Me? I'm perfectly balanced...got a chip on both shoulders!
imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    cool!
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    SUPERB!!! How crusty was that bugger when you pulled it out of the ground?
    Mark
  • Options
    Not crusty at all, it's just as it came out of the ground.
    That having said, it was nice sandy Norfolk soil.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    imageimage

Another stunning find! Awesome condition too!
    Would be very interesting to hear some background stories as well, from hunts when you found stuff like this!

Edited to add image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Dino,

I don't know if you have heard it yet or seen the hoover's, but here is the info behind that. If someone tells you, "You suck" or post pics of vacuums, they are telling you that , "YOU SUCK" Don't take it as an insult, it's a compliment.

BTW,

YOU SUCK!!!!!!!
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>
    Another stunning find! Awesome condition too!
    Would be very interesting to hear some background stories as well, from hunts when you found stuff like this! >>

Actually on the day I found that, I found a total of 7 hammered silver, including a gold hammered Quarter Noble of Edward 3rd.
    I have a lot more coins and artefacts to show you, but I don't want to outstay my welcome....maybe another piece tomorrow.

I hunt all over the World too, in March I was in Cape Town, hunting the beaches for gold jewellery, in August I was in South Africa, hunting the Boer War battle sites in the Great Karoo desert around Coleberg.
    September, I was in NE Penna, hunting farmers fields around Stroudsburg, and a two day session on Atlantic City beach. (with gambling)
    I do try and spread myself thinly, but alas, her indoors that must be obeyed gets annoyed from time to time. image

**EDIT:- I don't mind the Hoovers, we use the same term in the UK to describe somebody that sucks up a lot of nice things. image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Excellent......talk about envy.......we never will have that here in the States.....image
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    By the way, this coin would make a nice author icon..
    On the 15th of each month, you can upload your own icon to the CU server (from the 'profile' menu).
    E.g. in my case it is a measly Finnish 1 Markka 1929 (but at least I've dug it). Max 100x100 pixel images up to 10 kb are allowed.

Just in case it sounds interesting - this one would qualify:
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Nice one, I'll give it some thought...or I could pick another of my coins, maybe a Celtic.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Dino that is a sweet find!!!Man you want out stay your welcome by showing all your find's,but we may need a mop and rag's to sop up all the drool that will be on and around the computerimageHH,Tom