Home Metal Detecting
Options

September Poll: Best Wildcard Find

#1: loditom's Chinese clay marble

#2: loditom's 1870-1880 D.Klein & Bros.Phila police cuff button

#3: 30AnvZ28's My 17 Silver War Nickles I purchased for 85yen (approx 81cents) which are 85c face value!!! I will hopefully get some pics up.(not pictured)
(Added because it was more of a circulation swap than a purchase.)

Comments

• Options
    My silver nickels dont make the cut??? I added it in the thread... but couldnt get pics up.

Heres what I said in the nomination thread...

My 17 Silver War Nickles I purchased for 85yen (approx 81cents) which are 85c face value!!! I will hopefully get some pics up.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30AnvZ28, to qualify as a "Wild Card" item, coins must be either found in a hidden cache or in circulation- purchased items do not count.

Nevertheless, that's a good purchase!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I would consider them found in circulation, since the lady simply traded them to me for face value... and it doesnt state this in the wildcard guidelines... it simply says eyeball finds, circulation, just about anything else.
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087

<< <i>My 17 Silver War Nickles I purchased for 85yen (approx 81cents) which are 85c face value!!! I will hopefully get some pics up. >>

Killer deal 30AnvZ28, but the word 'purchased' kept it out of the poll. Next time say 'cash register find' or something similar.

• Options
    Well, thats fine... however if thats the case, I believe that needs to be stated in the guidelines.
  • Options
    Yeh, it should. The purchased thing came up once or twice before you became a member if I remember right, and I always assumed that was the way it was.
    We're Treasure hunters here, and we're bargain hunters in the other forums. image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, thats fine... however if thats the case, I believe that needs to be stated in the guidelines. >>

It was, in the original Wild Card Item discussion, but that was a while ago.

And if you got them in circulation, they're kosher- enter 'em in next month's competition. Or Tim, maybe you could add them, since Loditom has a monopoly, anyway.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    OK added.
    Have to be careful with that word 'purchased' here.
  • Options
    Thats cool... I understand where your coming from... and I thank you for allowing it. I honestly didnt see it as a big deal, but I do see what is being said. Again, thank you.
  • Options
    Closing Tuesday night