Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Scanner Question

Hi friends--- I'm looking to buying a scanner so I can send pics of my PSA cards, not only to show here, but also to the registry staff to verify varities and also to add pics to the registry listing itself. Are all scanners equal? What specs should I expect to need ?? Also ,, what about the combo printers/scanner/fax/copier units. Saw a few at Walmart for the right price- just wondering if anyone can help.. thanks in advance- Tony
Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)

Comments

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Sorry that I can't help too much as I am not a computer expert. However, I bought a scanner a few years ago for $80.00 (and it still works) that had a $30.00 rebate. So I paid $50.00 for this and the scans are terrific. I think you would just need to test some scans and adjust whatever settings you need to like size, resolution, etc. Sorry I can't be much of help and hope someone else chimes in with more knowledge. Good Luck.
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Ranger -

Almost any scanner on the market will be fine for you. They all come with the appropriate software for the respective scanner.

Just make sure your operating system will support the scanner software.

You should be able, as was suggested, be able to get one with a rebate, so in the end, you shouldn't have to spend more than $40-$50.

Most use a USB port - some I have seen use a fireware port - make sure you know what you have.

My old-man just bought a Lexmark combination printer/fax/copier from WallyWorld and he loves it.

Mine is a generic from radio shack bought in 2000 for $50....still works great!

Good Luck!

dal
  • Options
    Thanks guys-- I'll look at a cheap one--- probably a combo--- good points well taken and thanks-- the operating sys and ports are important matchups... Tony
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    The "combo" will not come in the $40- $50 range........
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete