Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What about Card Saver II's?

So, I know that PSA pumps Card Saver 1s, but will they reject anything sent in a Card Saver 2? I only ask because at some point in the last 10 years, I ended up picking up about 800 of these things for who knows what reason, and they're just sitting in a box waiting for use.
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    I've made all but my free submissions to PSA in Card Saver IIs with no problems. PSA does recommend Is. I had tried several months ago to buy a load of Is from a seller on ebay and ended up never getting them, so I ended up getting a refund from paypal. I've received mostly 9s and 10s on modern cards using the IIs. Hope this answers your question.

Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    PSA won't guarantee that your cards will not be damaged went they remove them from the II's because of the lack of room around the card, but they certainly don't reject them.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PSA won't guarantee that your cards will not be damaged went they remove them from the II's because of the lack of room around the card, but they certainly don't reject them. >>

Phreaky, rather than going back and reading every bit of fine print I can find, are you saying that there is a guarantee against damage?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Honestly I don't know where I thought I read it, but my undestanding is that PSA would accept responsiblity for damaging a card when extracting it from a Cardsaver I becuase it is oversized, but not the snugger-fitting Cardsaver II because of the increased risk. Don't quote me, but this is what I thought.
  • Options
    Ah, found it. Right at the bottom of the sumission form in red ink: "PSA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO CARDS OR TICKETS SUBMITTED IN HARD PLASTIC TOP LOADERS OR CARD SAVER IIs. "

I assume this means they ARE responsible for damage to cards submitted in Cardsaver I's, since that is what they expressly recommend.
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    I don't take the chance, I get all of my CS1 at www.cardboardgold.com