Home Stamps Forum

How many here consider themselves active posters on the Stamps Forum?

There seems to be so few posters, we could almost have a Collectors Universe Stamps Forum meeting once a week for a few hours. Something like a 3 hour window with a check-in thread every Weds night or something. Does anybody here belong to a local stamp club?

Jerry

Comments

• SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep coming back looking for more activity, maybe one of these days.
  • HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I keep coming back looking for more activity, maybe one of these days. >>

• I think there are many more people out there that are looking for the education on stamps and not really into posting. I am relatively new to the forum but I do make some posts when I feel that I can add something. The nice thing about it is that some of the knowledable individuals on the forum usually answer before I do.

I like to think that I am a philatelist but I have still picked up a few things from some of the posts.

I think if everyone that reads your post would simply reply and say that s/he is a reader not a poster, we might all be surprised how many people are tuning in. This is basically the way it is on several other boards I visit. People just want the education.
  • I consider myself a stamp collector not a philatelist just as I consider myself a coin collector not a numismatist. I enjoy having them but I don't want to count perfs
    or look for water marks or decide what press type a stamp is, it's ok for something special but not for every stamp. I enjoy modern stamps like movie stars and
    princess diane although I do have tons of the older stamps in my collection too, I even have some error stamps probably worth more money than I know. When I
    die the kids can send them in to have them evaulated, hell the Walkers I have collected shoud cover the fee for that, as I plan to have a complete circulated set
    by the time I die. I'm here every day usually at the US coin forum or the open forum and I have been doing it long enough to know where to find the answers.
  • nope