Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

That's great! image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,808 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Owens simply loves negative attention off the field. Probably something to do with improper toilet training as a child. Eagles fans have learned to just ignore him.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Thats the problem with these pansies, they just don't have heart. Wearing the opponents gear just proves he doesn't care about
    winning. If he did, he would hate the cowboys....even more after they made him look foolish.

The Eagles are done. McNabb and TO are soft and have no heart. Reid is a moron. Looks like no rings anytime in the near future for
    this team!

JS
  • Options
    Don't see the big deal. Irvin is a cowboy great and is retired. Perhaps T.O looked up to him? Kobe wore a Bulls jersey of Jordan after they played the bulls and he wore after the NBA finals as well. A lot of players wear "throwback" jerseys of retired players.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    It isn't a big deal on WIP Sports radio, which is pretty much sums up the feeling in Philly for most topics. This wasn't even an issue. Irvin and TO are friends - go figure.

Eagles fans have learned to just ignore him.

exactly. I do not think he will be on the team next season, and if he is and if he acts like he did but performs, I could care less.

kinda like learning just to ignore JoeStalin ...
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    How many years ago was it when TO (still with the niners) scored a touchdown and sprinted back to mid field and slammed the ball down on the Dallas Star? Friend of Irvin or not, he's probably not held in high regard by Cowboy fans.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Friend of Irvin or not, he's probably not held in high regard by Cowboy fans.

probably correct, but if he was a Cowboy, the fans would cheer him ... just as I would have cheered Aikman if he became an Eagle after killing us for years!
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    For sure. It happens in all sports really. I'm a Yankee fan and was damn glad to see Clemens make it to the Yankees. How could any team pass on a great player...even if you "hate" them for playing for the enemy?
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree on the Clemens thing. I'm a Yankee fan and I hated him as much in pinstripes as I did in the Red Sox uniform. To me a great day when he pitched was to see him get bombed and the Yankees come back and win. Of course I didn't root against the team, but it was never easy to watch him when he was dressed like a Yankee.

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    I liked Clemens joining the team...you didn't. I think most people would like to see that guy (be it TO, Clemens, etc) join their team. For me, it's more the team...not the player. Although I can picture myself not wanting a player to join the team I root for. Say, Pedro coming to NY. I think sports fans forget quick if that player helps them win.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Ditto, cardfan. Clemens is such an intense competitor. Guys like him you can hate, yet respect at the same time, when they're on the opposition. Same with an Aikman. If they end up on "your team" they can have a huge positive influence. You gotta want 'em.

I have no adversion towards the Cards, and no loyalty to the Astros. I think the Cards are the better team...but I would sure like to see the Astros take the series...with Roger in rare form. He can then go out on top in his home state.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Postscript....anybody see TO on Letterman about ten days ago? The guy was very sharp, articulate, humble (!!) and shared that he goes out of his way to stay in contact with the fraternity of receivers that he respects. Big ones? Yes! But, you gotta like a guy like this. It makes the game.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I thought this thread was going to be about spammy now rooting for the white sox and astros.