Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1972-D PEG LEG IKE.........

imageI Know that this has been discussed, and debated many times. However the best choice ( IMHO ) to add to the Ike registry would be the 1972-D Peg Leg, for two main reasons:
A) It is a variety
B) They are common enough that everyone in the registry could obtain an example.
Later on, the other Peg Leg coins could be added. Anyone care to comment ?

Comments

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    David Hall says keep an eye on the 20th century variety sets PCGS is about to make some major changes.

per DH

This was his responce to a request to have the 1946 DDO Walking Liberty added as a required coin in one of the Walker 1/2 registry sets.
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    I think they will end up being added to the "Complete" Ike Variety Set that DH has mentioned.
    I don't know when, but eventually they will get around to it.

Yes, I think the 72-D Peg Leg should be included in the Ike Variety set. It is not as hard to find as either
    of the 71-S Peg Legs. and can be found in better condition than the 71-S's.
    I also like the fact that these Peg Legs can be easily spotted with the naked eye and are found in many different dates.

But, I couldn't wait, so I included Peg Legs into my own MS Error Ike and Peg Leg Set........

Ike Errors & Peg Legs with Pics

There are more,....I will be adding a few more soon.image

Brian

I LOVE image IKES! image

Edited for more complete answerimage
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice JOB on those errors!
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    Great errors, they must have cost an arm and two legs.image
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    Is this a peg leg??

• Options
    Sorry, not a peg leg. T he serif must be missing on the left leg of the letter " R " to qualify.
  • Options

<< <i>imageI Know that this has been discussed, and debated many times. However the best choice ( IMHO ) to add to the Ike registry would be the 1972-D Peg Leg, for two main reasons:
    A) It is a variety
    B) They are common enough that everyone in the registry could obtain an example.
    Later on, the other Peg Leg coins could be added. Anyone care to comment ? >>

What about the type 1 and 2 1971-D, I recently looked at mine and low and behold I am sitting on a type 2 in a 66 holder.
  • Options
    imageBrian,
    Great job on the error Ike set. I am also working on a Ike error set.
    Maybe we could trade some of our duplicates if we happen to have a coin that the other person needed. I am taking a go slow approach,because this set is much more difficult to put together than my other sets.
  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    Djord,

I am all for the 71-D Type 1 and Type 2 as well!image
    They are not as well-known as the Peg-Legs.......But deserve to be included in any Ike Variety Set as well.
    JMHO.

Coindog,
    Turn on your PM and let's talk trade...image

Happy Hunting,
    Brian