Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2001 Topps Heritage ?

I happened to be going thru one of my closets last night looking for a game for my daughter and came across a binder with a bunch of 2001 heritage. I had bought a box back in 01 and at the time planned on trying to put a set together. I sort of lost interest in it a couple years back and actually thought i sold them off on ebay . I was pleasantly surprised when i realized i hadn't.

I know this years Heritage was a big hit with alot of you guys but i was wondering how many of you successfully put together a 01 Heritage set ? Anyone have everything from subsets to all the real one autos ?

And does anyone happen to remember exactly how the red /black backs went ? Was it just a certain amount of cards that had both variations ?

thanks in advance to anyone who offers help

Dave

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The first 80 cards were available in both red and black backs. They are short printed 1:2 packs, as are the high #'s. There were also about
    8 other cards that are black back sp's..they are listed in beckett. If you are serious about a set I can help you out, but it aint cheap.

Nice find!

JS
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    In my opinion, the first 80 cards, both red and black, are seriously underalued if they were the same odds as the high numbers to pull. Kevin, I may still get with you on filling in the holes in some of my TH sets.
  • Options
    If you are serious about a set I can help you out, but it aint cheap.

JS, is there anything out there in this hobby that is cheap anymore ? image

I just went thru what i have and i do need quite a bit. Good news is this isn't a race so i can take my time with this set.

So far out of the first 80 , 16 i have in both black and red variations. The rest of the first 80 are only either red or black.

Im not sure exactly when the high # sp's start ( maybe 300 ? ) but i do have some although most im missing

From #80 - #300 im missing about 50 cards so i'll probablly start off slow and fill those commons
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    The black backs numbered above 80 aren't SPs. At least, I never found them to be. They didn't appear in the SP slot in the packs, and I had just as many of them as the others in that range. They were just mistakes.

The high numbers start with 311, just like the 1952 set. Also, take a look at the David Parrish card #154. Look familiar? They should've made that #311. Or maybe they did right.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys

Heli, i have 10 black backs beyond card 80 which i got from one box so i think you may be right on that one

Hey JS, if you think you can help me out with the cards i need ( want to fill non sp's first ) let me know. Most of the ones i need from 80-311 aren't stars . If you think you can help out i can give you a list of what i need.

Take Paypal ? lmk

thanks