Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

A Perfect 2004 Proof Set--18 coins PCGS PR70DCAM

This set is rated by the PCGS Registry as tied for the #1 Finest in the Universe-----It is registered as "Cheyenne and Johnnie".
I am interested in selling this perfect registered set-----Make me an offer!!!!!
Larry
Larry Cornwell

Comments

• Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    Wrong Forum, try the BST forum.
  • Oh, I thought you were interested in Perfect Registry Sets!!!!
    Larry
    Larry Cornwell
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    We are but not HERE. You'd be best to delete the title of the thread and create one in the BST forum.

Edited to add: image
  • XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    PM me or email me at : res04apo@gte.net or (805) 878-7272

I would be interested...........Thanks, Waltimage
  • garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Got any imagesimage
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Yeah, cornwellcameo. Although the format here, under the title, says something along the lines of discussion about building, buying and selling Registry sets we are no longer allowed to chat about selling them in this forum. I see that you are new here but for the record the correct forum would be the Buy, Sell and Trade Forum. Some rule was made that doesn't allow it here anymore under penalty of being banned.

Don't ask me. I dunno !image
  • Walkers For Sale,
    I do not have any images of these 18 coins, but I can say they were certified and encapsulated by PCGS as PR70DCAM----so, images would add nothing to this----I am asking just $8000.00 for this PERFECT SET!!!!!!!
    Larry
    Larry Cornwell
  • BAM!!!

Let the party begin!
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>we are no longer allowed to chat about selling them in this forum. >>

We can chat about selling them. They just can't be offered for sale.

<< <i>but I can say they were certified and encapsulated by PCGS as PR70DCAM >>

That's a nice label but, frankly, it doesn't necessarily reflect the true quality of the coins.

Russ, NCNE
  • I've often wondered myself....

if someone were to assemble a perfect PR70DCAM set from say the last year or two.........wait 5 full years...........then crack em' all out and resubmit them again........how many really would come back PR70DCAM still???????image

P.S. I certainly do not mean to take away from cornwellcameo's PR70DCAM set here because I have not seen his coins....but this mentality is what has always prevented ME from buying any PR70DCAM's. JMHO.

• DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Now I know why I stopped reading the comics. There's always a post here to make my chuckle.

Dan
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

P.S. I certainly do not mean to take away from cornwellcameo's PR70DCAM set here because I have not seen his coins....but this mentality is what has always prevented ME from buying any PR70DCAM's. JMHO. >>

IMHO, anyone who would assemble a complete 2004 PCGS PR70DCAM set and then attempt to immediately sell it off for $8K is NOT a collector. He is a gambler who is hoping someone will be sucker enough to pay that kind of money. If he really thought the coins were a good long term investment he wouldn't be attempting to sell now. Just my opinion. Sorry Mitch. Steveimage
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, anyone who would assemble a complete 2004 PCGS PR70DCAM set and then attempt to immediately sell it off for $8K is NOT a collector. He is a gambler who is hoping someone will be sucker enough to pay that kind of money. If he really thought the coins were a good long term investment he wouldn't be attempting to sell now. Just my opinion. Sorry Mitch. Steve

Steve: No apology necessary to me. In fact, the coolest PR70DC 2004 coins ARE MISSING from that Registry Proof Set as far as I am concerned. Those being the 2004 Proof Platinum Statue of Liberty specimens. Now those (4) Plat coins in PR70DC WOULD BE MEGA-COOL. IMHO, PCGS should add Silver, Gold and Plat Eagles to the (18) coin set and then you would have a very, very interesting 2004 (27 piece) Proof collection! For now, the coolest (9) 2004 Proof coins are not even required in that collection as far as I a concerned. And, no disrespect intended to
    Cornwellcameo. Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    CWC: Interesting set, opportunity, balls (doing it on this forum), timing, ability, and potential profitability. I hope all these things come together for you, so you are happy, but it does seem to be an extreme test of this bull market, to say the least. Perhaps, you will be most successful. I don't know. But as Mitch suggests, a limited set such as this requires such a specific buyer. My kids were not born in '04, but with the addition of a few of the other (desirable pcgs70) '04s you just may have something there for a real buyer. Good luck.

• << <i>I've often wondered myself....

if someone were to assemble a perfect PR70DCAM set from say the last year or two.........wait 5 full years...........then crack em' all out and resubmit them again........how many really would come back PR70DCAM still???????image... >>

Why would you do that? image Unless you were looking for downgrade.
  • XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    What would a set like this command????

http://www.pcgs.com/new_set_registry/display_coins.chtml?regsetid=36716&rank=1&alltime=yes

Hope ssomeone can fix the link............Thanks

(It is of course a "mint set", just "shy of perfect" for the year?)
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I am convinced, if one were to crack 100 MS-70 coins and sent then in

perhaps only 40 would regrade MS-70. Then again, who would be crazy enough

to try that experiment. It just seems that there is a reluctance for a grader to

admitt that a coin is perfect.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Bout 450 a coin ?

seems a might steep !
  • Why would you do that? Unless you were looking for downgrade.

I'm not saying I would ever do that. I just wonder how many of the 70DCAM's eventually will turn into 69 DCAM's in just a few years. And, it's quite possible that some of the 69DCAM's in my collection could end up as 68DCAM's if I were to crack em' out and resubmit after 5 years. image

I guess we all have to live with the fact that coins WILL change in holders...no matter how good we seal them!!!