Home Metal Detecting
Options

Damaged Nugget Ring

Greetings,

I found my first men's nugget ring this A.M. But it appears to be a victim of a lawnmower. The band is bent in, then bent over (the band looks like a swirl now). I've never attached pictures before, and when I try to attach the file, it keeps asking me login, even though I'm logged in. Anyway, other than paying someone to unbend the band, does anyone have any ideas that I can try without ruining it further. Although I am certain it's gold, I don't want to have to pay $40-50 to get it straightened out. BTW, on my Garrett CX, it registered on the "ni" part of the word "nickel" where nickels usually register in the "ck" part of the word on the analog meter. It was a suspicious reading, not in the usual pull-tab area of the meter.

Comments

• Options
    PghpetePghpete Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps I got this picture thing figured out. Please excuse the quality of these first pics. Now that I can do, it I will revert to the practice page and well... practice. Any thoughts on straightening this ring out would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    That's a great find Pete! I found a man's gold ring that was in almost as bad shape as the one you found. I took it to my coin dealer who also happens to have a jeweler on the premises. The jeweler did an incredible job of rounding out the ring to almost it's original shape and didn't charge me dime. I'm not saying the same would happen for you, but if you have someone you do business with on a regular basis, they might cut you a deal. Mary
    Be Still and Know