Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What does this guy mean??

Strange sentence on Ebay auction

What does this guy mean? Anybody??

"WITH THE PSA REGISTRY CLOSING SOON A PERFECT LOT OF CARDS TO IMPROVE YOUR REGISTRY SET." Textimage

Closing??
Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.

Comments

• Options
    Spikemax..meant that the date for the 2005 Registry Awards is close upon us...the last date to add cards to your set this year....

NOT the Registry....

That is an awesome lot of cards......some were actually bought from me.....and the lot is the real deal for anyone working on the 78 Registry...
  • Options
    Whew!! Thanks for the splanation. Yes, they are an impressive lot of cards. Have to have the patience of a Saint to try to complete an all 10 pre 80 set
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I am suprised that Spikemax is quitting the 78s set, just about everytime a 10 came up for bid, his name would be there making a bid.

Stingray
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I am not Kirk. With gas and oil at 3.00 a gallon..................he may want to stay warm this winter.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Spikemax's name is Kirk?? Or is there some confusion, because that is my first name.

Kirk

aka; Stingray
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    soft- you're a crackhead. Good luck though.

Lee
  • Options
    Wow has the bidding jumped on this one. Wonder what the reserve is set at?

Stingray
  • Options
    Wonder what the reserve is set at

If the seller would care to tell, I'd love to know seeing as I'm going for it...
  • Options
    Hi Dan,

The reserve is $9,995.00 for the 174 PSA 10's which breaks down to $57.44 per card. Concidering what I've paid you for the cards we've had transactions with and a number of other collectors I've purchased cards from, the price is way below what I have invested. I have my doubt's if the cards will sell for the reserve, but it sure is fun having everyone talk about the 78 set. Dan good luck with your bidding and Stingray thanks for all of your positive feedback for our hobby.

Thanks,
    Bill
  • Options
    Spikemax,

Are you pursuing other set interests? Even though I am a beginner in the 78s, that is collecting them in PSA form. Bought plenty of raw as a 12 year old. I had fun keeping a watch on some of those PSA 10 auctions that you were bidding on. Best of luck on the sale and if you do break them up, I will definently keep on eye out for those.

Stingray