Home Metal Detecting

MY LATEST FINDS?? ACCESS QUESTIONS??

I am attaching a picture of the new items I found on Saturday. They are a lead?? pipe, a badge broken in two and my first coin!!! The coin is a quarter dated 1996. i went to an obsure little park next to a golf corse. The buildings look like they were made from about 1920-1940ish. The metal badge has "MOMMA DOESN'T LOVE ME" in reverse on the readable side. There also is a skull and cross bones. What do you all think? What category would the pipe fall into for the monthly finds? How would I go about doing that.

Second, I found an old school in Dallas that was built in 1920. It looks like a good prospect except two things. They were doing something on Saturday at the school so I went and asked permission to hunt. They said they could not allow it without the principals permission. So I haev to call the principal Tuesday as it is a holiday tomorrow. Second the school is a special school now and the old playground is full of newer buildings. Now this has always been a high school so it it may be productive. What if I dont get permission? Why is it so hard to get permission? I dont leave huge holes! How many times do you all get turned down before you get a green light? 7 of of 10? Thanks.
Big Tony from Texas! Cherrypicking fool!!!!!!

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The metal badge has "MOMMA DOESN'T LOVE ME" in reverse on the readable side. There also is a skull and cross bones. >>

Sounds like something biker-related, perhaps.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Why is it so hard to get permission?

One easy answer - Lawsuits

Public and private officials do not want to leave anything to chance when it comes to being sued. You say you want to dig holes and that you will fill them in and leave no trace but all they see is a kid stepping in a hole, breaking an ankle and the parents suing them. Or you somehow being hurt on their property and you suing them.

Homeowners are leary of letting a stranger on their property for fear you are the boogeyman.

Trial lawyers have successfully made it so that everyone has to watch out for the frivolous lawsuit from even the most harmless of hobbies.

Sad but true
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087

<< <i>One easy answer - Lawsuits >>

Yup... The sue happies make me unhappy.