Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

More blatant keyword spamming.

RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcoin-4-meQQhtZ-1

Auction numbers ready to copy and paste in:

8340371226, 8340371872, 8340373413, 8340374723, 8340375579, 8340376746, 8340377857, 8340378997, 8340380077, 8340505569

Link for reporting.

Russ, NCNE

Comments

  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭
    Geez.

    Just what is SGS, anyway?
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    Reported.
  • Options
    eBay contacted.
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777 ✭
    Just what is SGS, anyway?

    SGS sees the inherent perfection in every coin! image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options


    << <i>SGS sees the inherent perfection in every coin! image >>



    image
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ sucks....image
    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    Reported.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Reported.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Russ sucks.... >>



    Hehe.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT Still no action on this eBay "USER"
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭
    I think some of his listings were already pulled. Here are current ones to report using the link provided by Russ in his post here.:

    8340372888, 8340373413, 8340374723, 8340375579, 8340376746, 8340505569, 8340371872, 8340371226
  • Options
    VamGuyVamGuy Posts: 1,624 ✭
    In an effort to increase profits, eBay is now hiring security personnel with room temperature I.Q.image

    I too reported the above listed auctions as keyword spamming three days ago. Today I receive the following e-mail from the top-notch, well trained eBay trust & safety team...

    << <i>Hello,

    Thank you for writing to eBay with your concerns.

    eBay doesn't actually handle the merchandise that is offered for
    auction. Without firsthand knowledge of the item, we are unable to
    guarantee the accuracy of the listing information. We encourage members
    who are interested in bidding on an item to email the seller for
    additional information. Be sure to ask the seller specific questions
    regarding age, authenticity and condition of the item before bidding. In
    the unlikely event that the seller doesn't respond, you may want to
    reconsider your bidding decision.

    Part of this information is contained in our User Agreement, under
    article 3. I have included a portion of that Article below for your
    review:

    "...3.1 Overview. Although we are commonly referred to as an online
    auction web site, it is important to realize that we are not a
    traditional "auctioneer". Instead, our site acts as a venue to allow
    anyone to offer, sell, and buy just about anything, at anytime, from
    anywhere, in a variety of formats, including a fixed price format and an
    auction-style format commonly referred to as an "online auction". We are
    not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a
    result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the
    items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of
    sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. We cannot
    ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction."

    If you would like to review the rest of our User Agreement, please visit
    the URL below:

    http://pages.ebay.com/help/new/about_user_agreement.html

    Thank you for being part of the eBay community.

    Regards,

    Rusti
    PowerSeller Team
    eBay Trust & Safety >>



    image
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭
    The seller has the balls to say that even in a PCGS 66RD holder, "This 1954 cent is still worth $400......." BLATANT LIE!!! As the coin would NOT cross into a 66 holder......

    TorinoCobra71

    image
  • Options
    I sent the seller the following:

    "I always wonder why a seller would use key-word spamming to try and hype their auctions? All you're doing is setting yourself up for many returns and negative feedbacks. When your buyers attempt the cross-over you tell them is possible, they will be disapointed and insist on returns and refunds. Most likely the results will also be the exchange of negatives in your rating. (why try to doop your buyers and take the chance of being suspended from eBay?)"

    If i get a response i'll post it here.


  • Options
    Well, that didn't take long. Here's the response:


    "I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT SPAMMING I CHANGED THE LISTING THAT I COULD WHEN I GET A BID I CAN'T CHANGE THE LISTING. I GIVE A REFUND ON ALL SALES IF THEY WANT THEM. jERRY"


  • Options
    Just another followup:

    The seller contacted me once more to let me know that he removed the PCGS reference in the titles of the auctions that had no bids. He couldn't modify the ones that bids had already been placed on.

    No screaming, yelling, and reporting, just calm dialog. Proves that calm discussion can bring good results if you just try a little image


    update: 8:22am

    I noticed the auction description(s) still had the PCGS and cross-over references so i contacted the seller again to discuss this "key-word" spamming scenario.

    We'll see what happens image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file