Home Metal Detecting
Options

good luck and great customer service

You may recall in one of my posts I mentioned that I lost my pinpointer during my first MD club hunt. I called American Express as that was the card that I charged the MD on when I bought it (the pinpointer came with the purchase). I explained that I lost the pinpointer and they asked me how much it goes for. I looked it up real quick on the Internet and told them $119.95. They politely told me that lost items are not covered in their buyer protection program, which I figured would be there answer, so I wasn't totally disappointed. She told me that they would review it however and let me know which I thought was just their polite way of closing the phone call.
A couple of days later I got a letter from AMEX advising that while lost items are not covered in the buyer protection program they were going to credit my accounbt in the amount of $119.95 to cover the item.
I couldn't believe it, especially in this day and age. I then found the pinpointer I wanted for $94 with free shipping. I also ordered a coil cover for $6 and I still have some $ left over on the deal.
How's that for luck and great customer service by American Express?

Comments