Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

DSL, any problems?

About 2 months ago I won two auctions off this seller. Being that they don't take paypal I sent them a money order. Last week I sent them an email kindly asking if my cards have been shipped. To date I have had no responce. Anyone else have this problem with DSL?

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Nope, never had a problem. They do a lot of business so it may be hard to get a response from them sometimes (not that that's an excuse). If I recall, though, they may send you a confirmation once they receive your money.

Edited to say that I re-read your post- 2 months is a long time for them. Keep e-mailing them. I hope your check didn't get lost in the mail but I can honestly say DSL is an honest operation. If they didn't get your check, you might need to cancel it and send them another.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem either, they send out the item as soon as my check is recieved and send a confirmation immediately. He's never responded to my emails or notes, but as far as the transaction goes is totally reliable.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I have not bought from them in a while, but just won an auction, earlier this week. We will see how it goes, but have not had any problems in the past.

Stingray
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Have bought through them and have never had any issues. E-mail is a little slow, but they do respond.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    They typically communicate via the "checkout" host. If you didn't go through their auctionhelper host I could see it taking a lot longer. If you did go through auctionhelper and have not recieved a "payment received" email notification, I would suspect they don't consider the auctions paid for.

I have never had a problem with them with probably around 50 auctions won.
  • Options
    When I initially started buying from DSL it seemed a slow process as a result of having to send a personal check or money order. I never had a problem receiving the item within 3 weeks time. In the past 3 to 6 months they must have adjusted their system. It has become much faster. Now I get my item well within 10 days if I get the payment out right away! It is highly advisable to go to the check out "Auction Helper" and complete that process if you want the transaction to flow in a timely manner. Like it or not that's DSL's system!
  • Options
    They have been reliable for me. I have gotten some good deals from them.
    Cher
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    I can barely wait 2 weeks to receive my cards, let alone 2 months. What took you so long to ask about shipment?
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    DSL is certainly the Wal-Mart of Ebay. Last time I looked they had over 130,000 positive feedbacks. I am sure it would cost them a fortune to take paypal for all of their sales, so the check/money order thing is a hassle. That being said I have never had a problem with them other than I am constantly emptying my bank account for all of the purchases I buy from them. A little slow?-maybe, but 100% top shelf.

There are rumors of course that cards they submit to PSA get better treatment than a lot of people. I don't know if that is true but once it is in a slab and sold a few times no one knows who had it graded.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ryan you are in canada?

maybe that has something to do with this?

Steve

in any event you will get your stuff.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I have bought a ton of cards from DSL and have never had a problem. As someone else stated above they send out a notification email AND they leave feedback when they receive your payment. The cards ship that or the next day. They are truely a high volume seller and probably have to follow a very tight schedule. I'd bet good money they haven't received your payment yet. Chances are its a postal issue rather than DSL issue. DSL may not accept Paypal and they may not be much for communicating thru emails but they are definitely one of my favorite sellers.

Best of luck, Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    I have bought from them about three or four times, over the course of some years, never had any problems. They don't ship that fast, but that's because you have to send them a check. They pack stuff well though.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    If you printed out your auction list from AuctionHelper, it has their phone number on it. Just call and find out.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Very reliable and honest dealer.

Delivery a bit slow, but 100% predictable for me so far.
    Capecards
  • Options
    I once bought a $6000 card from them and waited 3 weeks after my check was cashed to receive my card. Calling and emailing was to no avail. I probably called everday for 2 weeks straight before talking to anyone. They gave me some line about out of state checks taking a long time to clear. I will never do business with them again.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Did not know they sold anything worth that much?

Stingray
  • Options
    eadams,

That would be a similar experence I had the first time I used them. Only it wasn't for an amount that high. Regardless, if you used them again you would find things have changed for the better and they are a highly reliable seller. The checkout system they use is the same as before, but they have a system that tracks payments received now and you get an e-mail from them letting you know they received your payment and when the item will be shipped. Just thought I'd let you know wheather it changes your opinion is not my concern image
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    I have purchased many times from them. They used to be a little slow, but lately I have been receiving my cards within a week or so. I would suggest emailing them or try to call. I'm sure you order just got lost in the shuffle.

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Does anyone know if DSL sells through any outlet other than ebay? I've noticed that they often do not relist items that don't sell, which seemed odd to me unless they're unloading them somewhere else.
  • Options
    blue227blue227 Posts: 185 ✭✭
    I've noticed that DSL was really slow in delivering when i first started buying from them but then later improved their turnaround time as I became a regular repeat customer.

One thing that kinda bugs me about their operation is the cheap way in which they mail the cards considering they charge $4 for shipping & handling. They use what must be the cheapest, thinnest bubble wrap envelopes (i.e. all the bubbles are popped and deflated) and they don't make an effort to tape the envelope's adhesive flap.

Still, they are one of the best sources of quality graded cards so these issues become less signficant and all is forgiven when they help me get a HTF card for my modern registry sets.
  • Options
    Call 949-453-0515 talk to Shane.
    DSL is as good as it gets.
    As for the ship cost being high are you kidding? They are 1 of the best you can hold a invoice open for well over a month if your a reg and no matter how much you buy ship cost is 7 bucks.
    I just check out a order tonight almost 2 months old 66 cards sent for 7.00 cant beat that.
    As for the turn around time as mentioned above after time they dont even hold checks on me.
    I GET A EMAIL THE DAY AFTER THE CHECK GETS TO THEM SAYING ITS THERE ,NEXT DAY THEY SHIP.
    Ryan i know it sucks if you have a lost mo all i can say is rest easy it is not any issue with dsl.
    Call Shane tell him the deal stop payment on your money order.
    Good luck
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I once bought a $6000 card from them and waited 3 weeks after my check was cashed to receive my card. Calling and emailing was to no avail. I probably called everday for 2 weeks straight before talking to anyone. They gave me some line about out of state checks taking a long time to clear. I will never do business with them again.
    >>

if I received a personal check for that much I would wait also. I guess that is why I don`t take personal checks for large items unless I know you. not defending their lack of communication but you can`t blame them for holding it until you are sure the funds have cleared and they can`t get bounced back because someone goes to the bank and claims their checks were stolen or something