for some HOCKEY?

New season starts tonight.

Have a great day..

Rob.
Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey

Comments

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Hockey? Is that the game with the disc-thing? And the players have brooms to sweep the ice?

• Options
    I've been ready for over one year. At least we got some use out of Martin Brodeurs old pads by using them as a pool cover.....
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    no

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    I am not a big hockey fan, but i was just given 4 tickets to the Bruins vs Canadian's game tonight so I guess i am ready now!!!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Went to a Redwings preseason game last week, blewout Columbus 9-0. Looking forward to seeing them play again, just not sure what to expect?

Stingray
  • Options
    What is a hockey? When I was younger I knew what a hickey was.
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Hell yeah!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    What yawie said.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting ready for the Braves/Astros match-up!

But for you 'men of ice' - Have a great one!!!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I am. I am feelin' you Knuckles...

Incidentally, I have season tix to the Caps (could not attend tonite) and am excited that my friend Jeff is now the captain... played 2 years ahead of him in the Little Capitals organization and 3 years behind Roenick, and I can say we are all very happy that Jeff has hockey to concentrate on again after the tragic loss of his mother, Gloria. She will be missed... very sad indeed. Hockey fans here probably heard about it...

That said, GOOOOOOOOO CAPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup...ordered my NHL Center Ice TV package today and bought a ticket for the Avalanche - Stars game this Saturdayimage

Steve
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Time Machine:

Is it difficult to obtain Caps tickets from the box office on the day of the game? I am going to be in DC in early November and I saw on their schedule that they play Atlanta (I think) on November 4. Was just wondering how tough it is to get tickets on short notice. Unfortunately I miss the Leafs by one day (I leave on Saturday and I am fairly certain they play Toronto on the Sunday). Damn the (bad) luck!!

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Alexander Ovechkin appears ready. You must be pretty happy about that, TimeMachine.

My beloved Blues, on the other hand, look like they're going to suck even worse than I feared.
  • Options
    Caps tickets will be easy. In a year of parity they will suck far worse tha Yawie's Blues.
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    Odds of Ovechkin outshining Crosby look good at the moment.
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Well the Ducks win the Stanley Cup, and Joffrey Lupul racked
    up 150 points.......at least with NHL 2k6. Good game.
    Hopefully this will transpire to reality. At least it's a good start
    with his 2 goals last night.....what a performance!
  • Options
    I caught the Leafs/Senators game last night. I found most of the new rules to be positive for the game. However I think that the shootout we had here last night was pure cheese. Even if we had have won I would have the same opinion, it really took the integrity of the game away. Whats wrong with a hard fought tie anyway?

I would be interested in others opinions regarding shootouts in Hockey.

Rob..
    Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • Options
    I agree. Shootouts suck. Total pandering to non-fans in yet another pitiful effort to turn the game into something it really isn't and never will be in the U.S.
  • Options
    Caps are 1-0 folks, look out Lord Stanley!!!

Seriously though, Caps tix should be easy against any of the Southern teams... Ovechkin looks awesome already, my buddy who has lower-bowl season tix said the loudest crowd reaction wasn't on either of the rookies' goals, but instead on a bone-crushing hit he threw on one of the hapless Blue Jackets... I'm attending monday's game, Columbus Day, 1PM drop.

Can't wait...

• Options
    Hey rob,

I was soooo frickin ready, then my B's lost to the habs (yankees of hockey) with 11 fricken seconds left!!!! WTF and the damn Sox lost too!!! Tuff night here in beantown. image

AS for the shootout I like it. After all isn't a tie like kissin yer sister?
    Too many teams were playing for the tie on the road. Watching the B's congratulate each other after tying Nashville used to make me throw up a little.

Oh yeah two words for any fantasy hockey guys : Patrice Bergeron
    This kids gonna have a big year. Thought he should of had ROY in 04 when Raycroft won it.

JMO, Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35