Home Metal Detecting

Do you see imaginary coins in your holes?

ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
Wondering whether I'm the only one: When digging holes, I frequently think I see coins in them, i.e. round outlines that turn out to be just soil..
Sometimes I "find" several "coins" before I get to the actual target... image It's a sickness! imageimage
Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro

Comments

• hughesm1hughesm1 Posts: 778 ✭✭
    I have a few times...you know you've got the MD bug when it happensimage
    Mark
  • I have had that happen. I was actually having a hard time locating a target one time when I noticed an impression of a round object with some wheat straws on it..lol. A minute later I recovered a 1911 Wheatie image

Northern California
    Minelab Sovereign GT with 180 meter and Sunray probe.
  • i see em too!...we humans have a wonderful imagination, that's what makes walking on a crowded beach so much fun.
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • I haven't actully seen imaginay coins in holes...but I have been at sites, and had the "feeling" of a coin being there, and found them..kinda weird.

• << <i>Wondering whether I'm the only one: When digging holes, I frequently think I see coins in them, i.e. round outlines that turn out to be just soil..
    Sometimes I "find" several "coins" before I get to the actual target... image It's a sickness! imageimage >>

Finally! Someone else! Yea, I see 'm all the time (or better, think I see 'em)
    For the world to know the truth
    There can be no greater proof
    Than to live the life, live the life
    There's no love that's quite as pure
    There's no pain we can't endure
    If we live the life, live the life
    Be a light for all to see
    For every act of love will set you free
    -M.W. Smith

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me all the time. The rounded tip of my knife often sculpts the dirt into a round shape. image

Sometimes the edge of an oyster shell or something similar will get my heart rate up, too.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.