Home Metal Detecting

Lost treasure Magazine

My son had a fund raiser at school to sell magazines. Lost Treasure was one of the options so i bought a subscription. Anybody subscribe to this rag? Is it pretty decent with good articles or is it 99% advertising and a few lines of text??

Comments

• Hey Danny I get it,not a bad mag.They have article's on each state with tale's about lost treasure's,report's on new machine's and article's on people's find's.
    I like E&W better but there still not that bad.HH,Tom
  • I get it. It's OK but to me not worth the subscription price. There are a lot of articles, but I'm not voerly impressed by it.
  • That's what i get too. It's not bad, not good, it's in the middle. For you it'll be exelent because all they talk about are areas where you live. Not much at all for up here in NY or FL(I'm surprised at that because of all of the hundreds, maybe thousands of shipwrecks off it's coast.)
    But even if you don't like it, it's for a good cause.
    Happy Hunting!image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's okay. Not as good as Western and Eastern Treasures, though, in my opinion.

I would rather read about found treasure than lost treasure. Too many of the articles in Lost Treasure are about what I call "Pie In The Sky" stuff- legendary or semi-legendary treasures like the Lost Dutchman Mine and the Oak Island Money Pit. Stories with an element of truth but also a healthy element of mystery or even fiction.

Don't get me wrong- it is fun to read about stuff like that, but when I get a treasure hunting magazine, I want real-life stories from average detectorists, tips I can use, and ideas on treasure that I can actually find.

I'll leave the El Dorados and Lost Dutchmen and Oak Islands to somebody else.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

• << <i>I would rather read about found treasure than lost treasure. >>

Exactly!

I still keep threatening to subscribe to American Digger

It not only deals with MD finds but, Indian artifact finds as well. image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Check out www.losttreasure.com for a sample before you subscribe.

• << <i>Check out www.losttreasure.com for a sample before you subscribe. >>

I already subscribed, like I said it was a magazine sale for my son's school so I had to get something and it was the only rag that I had any interest at all in getting on the list. I'll take a gander at the other treasure rags people have listed though. Never hurts to have two subscriptions image