Home Metal Detecting
Options

Just a few more things

Here are a few more pics of some of the things I have found.

First set of pics is a whoknowswhat??? "Broadhead & Co, Sheffield" is the writing on the back.

Anyone have a clue as to what it may be?

Edited to add--Someone over on the other site said this is more than likely a spoon handle. Possibly pewter 18th/19th century.

imageimageimage

Here is my Pike pendant. This thing is really heavy for it's size and is relatively new. I thought it was pretty cool.

And here is the last pic of the day. It appears to be a stamp of some sort. The only word that I can make out is the very last word and that is Powder. The pic isn't the greatest--I originally took the pic and realized that I had the stamp upside down. I rotated it hoping that it may help. I can't seem to get that last bit of gunk on the stamp off to identify what writing is there.

Thanks for looking.
Speer34

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Edited to add--Someone over on the other site said this is more than likely a spoon handle. Possibly pewter 18th/19th century. >>

I agree, though I tend to think more toward the latter timeframe, i.e. 19th century.

Love that fishy pendant.

The last item is tantalizing- try and make out some more of the inscription!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    The stamp is very interesting.
    I couldn't help fiddling with the image a bit. This is as close to readability that I could get it.
    Looks to me like the last row could be "baking powder", middle row "????? powder", top row "(?)?URTMANN" ?

Cool finds!

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro