Home Metal Detecting
Options

More finds with pictures

Here are some of my finds over the last two to three weeks. Most of the stuff, I don't have a clue as to what it is, but I am posting the pics on another site and the folks there can more than likely tell me what most if not all of it is. If and when I get the answers on what these things are, I will update this post.

BTW,

If anyone here can tell me what any of these things are, please do. It's not that I am saying none of you will know what they are, I just thought that most of the things will be England specific.

Thanks and enjoy.

This is a picture of a group of the finds.

This is a close up picture of one of the items with a quarter for size comparision.

Edited to add--This is a coat hook(as related from the other site)

Here are a few things that my wife found. This was the first day out with the 2500 for me and needless to say, I got frustrated pretty quickly because she was finding some nice things while I was digging rusty nails. image

Here is a close up of the item to the left of the quarter and the eagle.

imageimage

This wasn't in the first picture above. Not quite sure what it is and I THINK it is bronze.

Edited to add--Also from the other site, this one is likely a furniture finial made of bronze.

imageimage

I will leave it at this for this post. I will throw some more pictures in another thread. Thanks and I hope you enjoy.

Speer34

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Hmm... That last one is kinda funky. Nice finds though.

Freak
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Item to the right of the quarter (above the buckle) looks like a shirt stud (sorta like a cufflink thingie). I find them on late-19th century sites.

The item below the quarter looks like a purse clasp, perhaps. Half of a purse clasp, to be exact. Too bad the rest of the purse (and its contents!) weren't present!

Judging from the ornamentation, this stuff looks Victorian. Mid to late 19th century. But the small buckle could be older- possibly a small shoe buckle.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.