Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

is there a way to find out ........

if a card in another companies holder was rejected by PSA prior???

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!

Comments

• Options

<< <i>if a card in another companies holder was rejected by PSA prior??? image >>

Yes, if it has the letters G, A, and I on it!!! image

JEB.
  • Options
    Or P R O
    1972 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    1974 Topps Baseball PSA 8+

Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
  • Options
    Jeb!

I purchased a card that looks "funny" to some. I want to find out if it was rejected first by PSA or SGC prior to it being incapsulated by GAI ! That is the basic deal~

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options

<< <i>is there a way to find out ........ >>

<< <i>if a card in another companies holder was rejected by PSA prior??? image >>

<< <i>Yes, if it has the letters G, A, and I on it!!! image >>

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Good question. The automotive industry has had, for some time, a network where the service records of any car can be pulled up. In other words, if a dealer tells you you have a cracked block and you take the car across town to another dealer as a trade in hoping you can fool him, all he has to do is check out the car's record and he knows. I don't think it'll be long before reputable grading companies develop a data base for rejected cards so it would be easy for a grader (even the same grading company) to gather information about previously submitted cards.

Big brother is watching.

Edited to add: I do subscribe to every conspiracy theory on earth.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    NO
  • Options

<< <i>Good question. The automotive industry has had, for some time, a network where the service records of any car can be pulled up. In other words, if a dealer tells you you have a cracked block and you take the car across town to another dealer as a trade in hoping you can fool him, all he has to do is check out the car's record and he knows. I don't think it'll be long before reputable grading companies develop a data base for rejected cards so it would be easy for a grader (even the same grading company) to gather information about previously submitted cards.

Big brother is watching.

Edited to add: I do subscribe to every conspiracy theory on earth. >>

Excellent theory, but for this to work every card would have to have a unique identifier stamped on it, like a Vehicle Identification Number. Not a problem going forward, but there are 100+ years of unmarked cards already out there.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    To a certain extent, this has/can be done with serial numbered cards. Haven't a few questionable business practices been discovered as a result of serial numbered cards? However, as far as I know, the grading companies don't record the serial numbers of cards they grade. That would seem to be a good idea, wouldn't you think?
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    exellent idea, just last night there were 2 55 topps koufax's on ebay, one was in an SGC 7 holder and I was wondering if it would cross. After seeing the seller had never sold an SGC card in his life, I decided it was probably tried to cross, and min. grade not met! I wish I could have made sure though! Then these sellers would have to try and cross, then have it regraded by the riginal company to change the serial number so nobody would know. See, there are ways around everything, but at least make it a bit more difficult!