Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is it against the rules on eBay to.....

Let's say you have a coin(or a set of coins) that you think is worth $2500 and are thinking about listing it on eBay with that starting & "Buy it Now" price. Can you post in the listing that you are willing to trade that coin(or coins) for some you are looking for? And if a deal can be made then the buyer clicks "Buy it Now" and eBay gets their transaction funds and the coins are traded.

Comments

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think someone is going to want to trade with you because you have exactly what he wants and he has exactly what you want?

Barter was inefficient; that's why they invented a medium of exchange called money.

I don't know if it's against eBay's policies but I'm dubious it will work, anyway.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    It is entirely against ebay rules to trade, or even hint that trades will be acceptable
  • Options
    is itagainst the rules?
    when i started out on ebay i always listed barter as a form of payment.
    how i handled it was before auction close potential buyer would email me
    photos or a description of what they had. I would return by telling how much
    i would allow. They would then bid on item accordingly.
    it worked out fine, the potential was there for a bad situation but nothing
    like that ever happened, and ebay never said anything, they still got theirs.
  • Options

<< <i>You think someone is going to want to trade with you because you have exactly what he wants and he has exactly what you want?

Barter was inefficient; that's why they invented a medium of exchange called money.

I don't know if it's against eBay's policies but I'm dubious it will work, anyway. >>

I got e-mailed numerous times when selling a couple of C-3 corvettes on eBay about trades during the auction. Against the rules or not, it happens daily. I believe I got my answer that it is not something eBay allows, but I'd bet there are some collectors/dealers out there that have series they may not want to hold anymore and might want to make such a transaction. Granted.... a cash "Buy it Now" would be best, but I was just looking at options.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file