Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why do they call it TrueView when it's not?

Comments

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds and markets better than RawView™, NakedView™, and MartyVision™.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot Russ-A-Chrome™
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    For the same reason they call where you work the EMERGENCY Room.

What percent of your patients are emergencies? Maybe 10-20%?
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For the same reason they call where you work the EMERGENCY Room.

What percent of your patients are emergencies? Maybe 10-20%? >>

What do eye guys know about emergencies?image
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    "Reverse-marketing" is so prevelent, that sometimes it just passes by in true view...
    "Weyerhauser, The Tree Growing Company" is my favorite example, but the list is endless.
  • Options
    How about Skew-View™
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Picky Picky. image
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    What do eye guys know about emergencies?

We get them from time to time, and we do it ourselves. We don't farm it out to Israel or Australia after dark image (but I give you guys a tremendous amount of credit for coming up with that one - it's ingenious!)
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny that those of us who have actually used the service think it's great ... most of the catcalls seem to be coming from the bullpen.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It sounds and markets better than RawView�, NakedView�, and MartyVision�. >>

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options

<< <i>Funny that those of us who have actually used the service think it's great ... most of the catcalls seem to be coming from the bullpen. >>

Makes sense to me. I'm not going to pay for a service that I think is sub-standard, so I guess that puts me in the bullpen.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate the game, not the player.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Would you prefer Better-than-most-of-us-can-do-View?

Seriously, I assume you have seen one or more coins in person that do not look like the TrueView picture?
  • Options
    Since I haven't seen any of the coins in hand that have been photographed..... I am just going to sit here and drool over TDN's pictures!! image

Zach
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do you think it should be called??
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suck at coin photograph. RYKView™ sounds better than SuckView™ and Don'tGiveUptheDayJobView™. It's all about marketing and perception.

Funny that those of us who have actually used the service think it's great ... most of the catcalls seem to be coming from the bullpen.

I personally was only spoofing the name, not the service. If I had my druthers, Darkhorse would photograph all of my coins. I bet PCGS would be a little squeamish about cracking my NCG holders and resealing them. I might need to send those to NCSView™.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    because "ideal lighting and 3 degree viewing angle view" is too long to name it that?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    How about RoadRunnerStewView™
    imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file