Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Funny coin with a funny guy!

Just had to show you one of my most recent purchases.

I just had to have, no matter its defects, due to they look of the guy, Leopold, on it. image

The funny thing is that if you compare the coin with a picture of him that I found... they coin isnt that bad... hehehe image

Comments

• Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    A handsome fellow indeed image - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    D'OH...Homer's great,great,great,great grand-father methinks!image
  • Options
    A nice one image
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List
  • Options
    Looks like a horseface to me, so why was he known as Leopold the Hogmouth?
    Roy

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    I think so.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good ol' Leopold the Hogmouth.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Very cool. I have one of the 6 KR ones. I like that they're inexpensive in mint state (for a 17th century coin!).
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like a horseface to me, so why was he known as Leopold the Hogmouth? >>

"Hogmouth" Thaler of Leopold; From 1701, the year he (as Holy Roman Emperor) granted Friedrich III, Elector of Brandenburg status as "Friedrich I, King in Prussia" for Friedrich's promise of support in the War of Spanish Succession - Preussen

"Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Preussen:

Nice pic and a good history lessonimage

3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.