Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How many of you do this?

You know a card has been sent, you think ok this seller lives in this state and it should take x-amount of days to get here. So you start anticipating the card, yeah you seen the scan on Ebay, but to see it in person is so much better. Finally it is day x and you go to the mail box. Crap not here. Is that not the worse feeling in the world.

Stingray

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    but there is no better feeling than when you go the next day and the mail box is stuffed full of bubble mailers...
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    yea, sounds like when i buy stuff from you stingray...

JK

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Uh? I have never sold anything to you, only have done some trading with board members. Am I missing something?

Stingray
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    I've got more positive feedback for fast shipping than anything else! You would think, "first and foremost", one would give me positive feedback for the "quality of an item, and then secondly, for fast service.

But I do agree it sure is fun to open-up that mailbox in a few days and say, "Wow! Good service!" (Or, opening your mailbox only to say, "that sucks! I want my my card!")

I would rather receive a card that is perfectly centered, with smooth-surfaces, four razor sharp corners, and 4 perfect edges, delivered in 10 days, ...than receiving that typical marginal PSA 9, delivered to me in two days!

Yes! Good service means repeat business!

rbd

edit: P.S. That perfect card, delivered in 2 days would be nice too!image
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You know a card has been sent, you think ok this seller lives in this state and it should take x-amount of days to get here. So you start anticipating the card, yeah you seen the scan on Ebay, but to see it in person is so much better. Finally it is day x and you go to the mail box. Crap not here. Is that not the worse feeling in the world.

Stingray >>

LOL, Yep Stingray I do that too. And when the mail box is empty after the mail man comes I curse him..."dang you post man, CHECK BETWEEN THE SEATS!! it must be there"

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL, Yep Stingray I do that too. And when the mail box is empty after the mail man comes I curse him..."dang you post man, CHECK BETWEEN THE SEATS!! it must be there" >>

Stingray
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    JK = just kidding

tgif

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Obviously you need to buy more stuff to keep the supply chain full!
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Finally it is day x and you go to the mail box. Crap not here. Is that not the worse feeling in the world.

Stingray >>

No. The worst feeling is checking the PSA site for your grades 50 times a day and seeing nothing posted yet. Or worse yet, seeing your grades posted and getting an 8 on that key card you hoped for a 9 on, which would have made it worth $1000 instead of $100!

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>No. The worst feeling is checking the PSA site for your grades 50 times a day and seeing nothing posted yet. Or worse yet, seeing your grades posted and getting an 8 on that key card you hoped for a 9 on, which would have made it worth $1000 instead of $100! >>

I know this feeling all to well. I usually don't get too worked up over the anticipation of cards I won. However when I win or buy a box I do get that feeling. It is an incredible let down after you see only bills and no box.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>I've got more positive feedback for fast shipping than anything else! You would think, "first and foremost", one would give me positive feedback for the "quality of an item, and then secondly, for fast service.

But I do agree it sure is fun to open-up that mailbox in a few days and say, "Wow! Good service!" (Or, opening your mailbox only to say, "that sucks! I want my my card!")

I would rather receive a card that is perfectly centered, with smooth-surfaces, four razor sharp corners, and 4 perfect edges, delivered in 10 days, ...than receiving that typical marginal PSA 9, delivered to me in two days!

Yes! Good service means repeat business!

rbd

edit: P.S. That perfect card, delivered in 2 days would be nice too!image >>

I agree. Half of my very complementary feedbacks have been for fast shipping while the other half for great packaging. I think it's kind of silly to talk about "quality" of graded cards since I provide large clear scans in my auctions. Since there is nothing I do that can change the quality of graded cards, I don't expect to get any comments on that. I do, surprisingly, get feedbacks on selling a PSA 8 card like,

"NICE CARD!!!@!!@ A++++".

I just roll my eyes at the l33t-speak and think

"Of course it's a nice card, it's a PSA 8. What did you expect, a PSA 6 or 7???".
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I always like the "nice price" feedback comments too. It's a freakin' auction people!

Anyway, I'm with smallstocks. There are certainly good and bad mail days, but waiting for grades is even worse than waiting for the USPS. I've had an invoice at PSA since 8/18 and it's driving me nuts. What's worse is that I'm on vacation for three weeks so I've been checking the status nonstop. It's like a candlelight vigil or something. My luck, they'll be finished my first day back at work.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few weeks ago, I missed the PO person with a registered package - I asked her to redeliver it - 2 days later, I missed her by a few minutes...

I searched two home developments around me until I ran her down! Now that's pschotic!!!

Mike
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    That is pretty bad/good, Stone. I know I sometimes used to sprint after the mail guy in my old apartment complex after finding the orangish delivery attempt cards in my box, but I don't think I've ever scoured adjacent complexes or subdivisions for a letter carrier. You are a trooper!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    My family postponed a vacation by one day waiting for a registered package from the postal carrier . . . wife was really happy about that one.

Oh well, I bought her a box of Entenman's double chocolate donuts and called it even.