Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Looking for a Gretzky Rookie PSA 9

Hey Guys,
I am looking to buy a Gretzky rookie PSA 9 in both Topps and O-PEE-CHEE. I know they are expensive. Email me your price and a scan of the card if interested.

lamontdavid@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Good luck finding them... Check major auction houses, that's where one is likely to be found.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. There are so many auction houses now it is hard to monitor all them. I did find this link that someone posted to be very helpful. www.network54.com/Index/36815#auctions
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    They do show up somewhat regularly in major catalogs. Superior had two OPC ones in its most recent auction. One went for about $3,500 and the other about a thousand more than that. That range is probably the going rate for OPC 9's while Topps 9's probably fetch about $1,400-1,800.

I have to add too that about a year and half ago somebody on these boards landed an OPC PSA 9 on eBay for about $2,200. The auction seemed almost too good to be true, but the seller happened to live near me so the buyer had me make the deal for him to make sure all went well. Sure enough, the guy needed money for an engagement ring or something like that [dumbass! -Ed.] and met me at a gas station, gorgeous Gretzky rookie in hand. I think I nearly caused about three or four accidents on the way home since I couldn't take my eyes off the thing. Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to find another deal like that.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    $2200 is a steal. Your friend got a great buy!
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Yes he did. I must say I was a bit jealous afterward.

Anyway, I just noticed that a PSA 9 Topps rookie was listed on eBay. Scan wasn't great, but the card looked nice.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Harvey has an OPC rookie in a PSA 9 for a mear 11 grand?Gretzky
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Here is one in Topps, but something about that flip looks wrong. It is spaced too much and the letters do not look dark enough:

Link

Stingray
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$2200 is a steal. Your friend got a great buy! >>

Yes I did! And here she is in all her beauty...

Ummm, I don't think the image loaded. Probably because I don't know what I'm doing. Oh well. It's in my registry set.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i>Here is one in Topps, but something about that flip looks wrong. It is spaced too much and the letters do not look dark enough:

Link

Stingray >>

Nothing wrong with the flip. The seller's poor feedback is suspect, though
  • Options
    What can be so special about this O PEE CHEE that makes it $11,000?
  • Options

<< <i>What can be so special about this O PEE CHEE that makes it $11,000? >>

Nothing. AJ's website is always high priced. I dunno if he'd come down any, even considering they regularly sell for $4k on ebay, but it's worth a shot to ask