Home Sports Talk

Hello Sports Talk folks.

I just figure I'd introduce myself, so you don't feel I'm just popping off every now and then. First off, I've been reading this forum damn near every night for about a year, so I pretty much know who likes who around here, I just never really had the urge to start posting here, but boredom has taken over over on the OF, so here I am.

My teams:

Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Redwings
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers (close second right behind....)
Houston Astros (You might be wondering why...I lived my first 20 years in Texas)

Yep, these are my teams, winning or losing, I'll never give up support for them, unfortunately they all suck right now, with the exception of Houston. (Hopefully they'll finally have a full post season).

I'm looking forward to all the chit talking and expect to have some fun.

Comments

• Welcome!!

With that murderer's row of pitching, no team wants to face the 'Stros. Too bad they were not able to keep Beltran, though.
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Too bad they were not able to keep Beltran, though.

not like he was worth the 119 million this year for my mets! but anyway im hoping astros can sweep the braves!

• << <i> but anyway im hoping astros can sweep the braves! >>

I hope you accidently shake hands with a braves fan for saying that image

• << <i>Too bad they were not able to keep Beltran, though.

not like he was worth the 119 million this year for my mets! but anyway im hoping astros can sweep the braves! >>

Damn. I really did piss you off, didn't I?

Besides, the Braves won't choke until closer to the end of the playoffs. No sweepage this year.
    Glock: the original point and click interface.
    The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
    Guns have only two enemies, rust and liberals.
    Criminals love gun control, it makes their profession safer.
    If guns are outlawed can we use swords?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Welcome - I hope the Astros win the NL this year.

• << <i>Too bad they were not able to keep Beltran, though.

not like he was worth the 119 million this year for my mets! but anyway im hoping astros can sweep the braves! >>

I do too!
  • Also, Wolfy, the Pistons aren't too shabby!! Will be interesting to see how they do post-Larry Brown.

• << <i>

<< <i>Too bad they were not able to keep Beltran, though.

I do too! >>

I say again, FU Wolfy. image

• << <i>Welcome - I hope the Astros win the NL this year. >>

Thanks, it's been a long time coming, hopefully this is their year. Hell, I'll take a trip to the Series right now, maybe we can win it next year. Of course, they can feel free to go ahead and get winning it out of the way too!image

Also, Wolfy, the Pistons aren't too shabby!! Will be interesting to see how they do post-Larry Brown.

I think they'll do better than last year, even though he did help bring us a championship, he was more trouble than he was worth, and he was part of what weighted them down last year. We'll see, I wanna see Darko play, so we quit wasting our #2 pick and finally let him get some experience. He has potential, Larry just wouldn't give him a chance.
  • Wolfy - look forward to seeing your posts about your team afflictions. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>We'll see, I wanna see Darko play, so we quit wasting our #2 pick and finally let him get some experience. He has potential, Larry just wouldn't give him a chance. >>

Is that why he never played? Brown didn't like him? I remember people saying he would be the best player outside of LeBron from that draft within two years - now, I'd bet Darko falls off the NBA landscape before long.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Too bad they were not able to keep Beltran, though.

I do too! >>

I say again, FU Wolfy. image >>

Yer just pissed off cause I'm cheating on you! Get back on the other f@$king side, ya damn whiner!
  • I'm mad at you because I'm a fan of the Atlanta Choke.........er..Braves. Now dammit, you done got me talking ugly about them.

• << <i>

<< <i>We'll see, I wanna see Darko play, so we quit wasting our #2 pick and finally let him get some experience. He has potential, Larry just wouldn't give him a chance. >>

Is that why he never played? Brown didn't like him? I remember people saying he would be the best player outside of LeBron from that draft within two years - now, I'd bet Darko falls off the NBA landscape before long. >>

I don't think it was a fact that Brown didn't like him, you do have to consider the depth that the Pistons have, and I know that has a lot to do with it, but there were blowouts where he didn't even get some time on the court, he needs the experience. He does have potential, and he is a really big boy. He won't be a Shawn Bradley if he gets used to being out there.

• << <i>I'm mad at you because I'm a fan of the Atlanta Choke.........er..Braves. Now dammit, you done got me talking ugly about them. >>

Choke or not, they are still a hell of a team, who always finds a way to make it to the post season. And don't go blaming me because you can't control yer tongue. It's yer own damn fault!

And FU!image

• << <i>

<< <i>I'm mad at you because I'm a fan of the Atlanta Choke.........er..Braves. Now dammit, you done got me talking ugly about them. >>

Choke or not, they are still a hell of a team, who always finds a way to make it to the post season. And don't go blaming me because you can't control yer tongue. It's yer own damn fault!

And FU!image >>

It ain't much, but I suppose 14 straight division championships is something.

• << <i>I don't think it was a fact that Brown didn't like him, you do have to consider the depth that the Pistons have, and I know that has a lot to do with it, but there were blowouts where he didn't even get some time on the court, he needs the experience. He does have potential, and he is a really big boy. He won't be a Shawn Bradley if he gets used to being out there. >>

Somehow, I don't think Carmelo Anthony would have been riding the pine as much under Brown.

However, Darkko was useful in one sense -- he was Coach Brown's Victory Cigar!! When Darrko played, you knew it was Garbage Time!! image

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm mad at you because I'm a fan of the Atlanta Choke.........er..Braves. Now dammit, you done got me talking ugly about them. >>

And FU!image >>

It ain't much, but I suppose 14 straight division championships is something. >>

You think it's tough being a Braves fan? Try being a Tigers fan! That SUCKS!!!

• << <i>

<< <i>I don't think it was a fact that Brown didn't like him, you do have to consider the depth that the Pistons have, and I know that has a lot to do with it, but there were blowouts where he didn't even get some time on the court, he needs the experience. He does have potential, and he is a really big boy. He won't be a Shawn Bradley if he gets used to being out there. >>

Somehow, I don't think Carmelo Anthony would have been riding the pine as much under Brown.

However, Darkko was useful in one sense -- he was Coach Brown's Victory Cigar!! When Darrko played, you knew it was Garbage Time!! image >>

That is no doubt about Anthony, but he wouldn't be a starter either. I'd still rather see Darko grow up than have to keep watching Cambell, even though he did do a good job with Shaq.