Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is this the Conder token the common Warwickshire 144 or the rare 145?

I need a little help from the Conder experts before I sell this token

This is a Warwickshire token, it is either D&H 144 or 145. 144 is listed as common and 145 is listed as RRR

Many thanks for any help!

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    A RailRoad token??

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Real RailRoad token?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    If the wear is even I would assume it is the 145 but is there is more wear it could have made the second button hole dissapear and be a 144. How about a closeup of the button hole area?
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If the wear is even I would assume it is the 145 but is there is more wear it could have made the second button hole dissapear and be a 144. How about a closeup of the button hole area? >>

I see no trace of the lower button hole and I don't think there is enough wear to have removed it fully, but a better pic will have to wait until my wife brings my camera back from Minn.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    I think this is an error in D&H. They list it as an RRR which should be around 4 to 12 pieces. I don't seem to have any trouble finding them and I've seen at least half a dozen pieces so far. From the picture I would say it is a 145.
  • Options
    Thanks Mike, I may just end up keeping this one. To help me decide do you know what the market is on these?

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Here is a closeup of the area of the token in question.

and a negative

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com