Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

School project with coins.

OK I go to a charter school called e-institute.
It's 4 hours a day, and different from the regular schools. It's on computers.
I have a few more classes to do then I will be graduated from 12th grade and be let loose on the "real world"

I just finished my origami project, it was supposed to be 60 hours but my teacher said what I did was OK. My art teacher told me it had to be 8 pages. I got the 8 pages done. Now I have to do a project on origami tommarrow to make an origami and I will be done with it.

Now my next project (I have to do 2) is going to be about the art of coins.
I thought this was a good area for a project, don't you think so? It makes sense since I'm interested in coins. It's probably going to be about gold coins AND coins in general.
The 2 parts go as follows:
Part I: The art in the designs of the coins, what the art on the coin (the portrait on the obverse, designs on the reverse) mean relative to ones country.
Part II: The making of coins, this will include gold coins. (I don't know if they are made differently slightly than other coins?)

I could probably go on google and find how they make coins, but I need to know the art designs of coins. What the designs mean on the coins. The first project will probably be some on gold coins (some of the designs on gold coins) and some on regular coins.

Anyone know of a good website I could find on this? I am on the internet right now at school.

Thanks I would appreciate it.

PS: Id like to do ancient coins too. Since they were made differently. I have another idea, since coins were minted differently throughout the yeras, perhaps I should make a timeline and describe the minting process of each time era? Sound good?

Comments

• Options
    anyone have some advice? I think my thread in the US coin forum got deleted..

I wonder why.image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Send a PM to Jeremy Katz (Airplanenut). He's done some school projects and he's been published in national magazines already. I think he could help you.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was in college, I did a paper on the art of ancient coins. That was back around 1975.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    "Anyone know of a good website I could find on this? I am on the internet right now at school."

Google.com

You need to do some searching on your own instead of asking others right away. If people are always just giving you the answers, you will never learn to figure out the questions for yourself. It is an integral part of learning and development.
    I know this isn't the answer you want, but it may be more helpful over time.
    Wanted: High grade Irish (Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland or British) coins, slabbed and unslabbed. Also looking for Proof and Uncirculated Sets
    PM with info.

Auction Sniper For all your sniping needs. Tell them I sent you and I'll get three free snipes!

e-bay ID= 29john29