Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

One from every country collectors

If anyone who collects coins, one from every country, and needs the following, PM me. They are free but only to those collectors putting together a OFEC set.

Mauritius 1965 1/2 rupee
Tristan da Cunha 1977 25p
Nepal don't know date or denomination but it is a very attractively toned Unc coin the size of a US 1c

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Slightly off-topic, but I've toyed with the idea of doing a one-from-every-country collection, but not modern. Rather, do a 18th-century set or a 19th-century set, since I much prefer classic material to 20th-century material.

Also would be cool to try and do a one-from set of all of the German states, 1600 to 1900 ... that could be quite tough and pricey though. There are some German states where the only listings in Krause are ultra-expensive 17th-century Thalers; I would hope that there are minors as well, but Krause doesn't list them.

[I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I wish Krause would spend more effort on fleshing out the 17th- and 18th-century minors, rather than just the crowns and gold.]

• Options
    I thought about doing something along these lines but;

One coin from every Western European 'country' in the 12th century. France, Aquitane, Anjou, Normandy, Brittany, Castile, Burgundy, Aragon, Flanders etc.

I had a map of 12 century Europe somewhere.

Then i figured perhaps narrowing it down to the Angevin Empire?
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    OOPS! I take it back - - I don't need them after all! But they're nice pieces for whomever out there could use some hard-to-find countries! (Edited by DBSTRader2)

- - Daveimage