Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Copeland Collection

I think it would have really been interesting if that auction was held now with all the grading technology. Somewhere I have the preview book and the results of the auction. I was just blown away by the collection and the condition. Other than the Wagner card does anyone know if any of those cards resurfaced?

Comments

• Options
    I dont think any of those cards were purchased for resale. They are definately nestled away for some time........
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    I would be curious to know if psa graded any of those cards, just to see how they faired. None of my business but I just think it would be interesting.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    There are a number of cards that have resurfaced. Many of them have made their way into Mastro and other such catalogs. It is not uncommon to see such cards labelled as ex-Copeland. Much as some memorabilia is labelled as ex-Halper. Keep your eyes open in the auction houses - Copeland was a long, long time ago, and for some collectors/investors the return on investment is high enough to want to sell [if, for no other reason, than to pursue other collecting endeavours]

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I think his Magie and Plank both graded NM. Oddly enough I think his 57 Topps set was sold in a REA auction. The majority of the set had been severly altered.
    I love candy cards
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I'll agree with DFletch. I'd heard stories of everyone and his dog buying oversized T206's and E cards and cutting them down and selling them to Copeland. This collection was put together in a very short time and I'm sure a lot of things slipped by.
    I love looking at the catalog, as well as the Halper catalog. Wish I had the realized prices for the Copeland sale.
    They are often available on ebay and are well worth it.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    People acutally sell the realized prices. I have a copy with my book somewhere.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Search the forums for copeland and one of the threads has scans of the realized prices. I would link you but I am too lazy for that lol.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Allen-
    Thanks for the tip, found it posted by Bobsbbcards in response to my request back thenimage
    The mind is the 2nd thing to go!

Copeland Realized prices (down a few posts)

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's