Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Value to 1 oz. gold pandas and kruggerands

My family has inherited a bunch of these. Aside from the gold content value, are there any better dates or reason to slab there for condition? They were collected 15-20 years ago or so.
Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
Current focus 1855 date type set

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there are any with a special premium over spot value, but I may be wrong. Don't have my Krause book handy at the moment.

PS- I've always liked your sigline quote. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    If you have the earlier 1980 pandas, like 1982-1985, they are worth slightly higher because of their lower mintage. I am not too sure how much more prenium, but you can always do a good check on ebay. image
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    82, 83 and 84 have premiums with 82 about double or more than the 83 or 84 value. image

edited to add: they have to be in their sealed original plastic.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    troyoz,
    They are in rolls. No premium?
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    If they are in great condition, maybe some premium but not like when they are in their sealed plastic. Pandas are 24K so they are susceptible to scratch and dings if in contact with each other.

edited to add: Krugs tend to have the lowest premium over gold spot among the gold bullion coins.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)