Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How long should I wait?

I recently won a card about a week ago. The seller states in his description to please wait for him
to email you with price/insurance, and not to pay until you receive this notice. Okay, no biggie. As of today I have not heard from this seller. I have sent a total of 3 emails requesting the info/grand total and have yet to hear from him. In my last email, I stated that this was going to be my last email to him, and if I didn't hear back from him by this weekend, I'm going to consider the transaction null & void and will leave appropriate feedback. Was getting a bit frustrated because I really want this card. I finally requested the user's information and called him. A machine came on, so I just left a message stating who I was and also left my phone #. Am I being too pushy?

Comments

• Options
    I'd also send another email from another email account. Sometimes, spam blockers or network issues can stop email sent from specific accounts/locations.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Definitely could be a spam filter issue - either on your end, or his. Try another email as suggested, but no I don't think you are being pushy. I wish some people that bought cards from me tried so hard to pay!
  • Options
    Where does the guy live?? Sometimes people have problems, such as hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Maybe a death in the family or a hard drive crash. Just relax, everything will work out for the best.
  • Options
    Actually, it looks like it's going to work out.
    He called me tonight and apologized for having to leave town for a week.
    I think he said it was work related and had he known he was
    leaving town all of a sudden, he wouldn't have posted the auctions.
    He's pumping out invoices for everyone tonight. He's actually 10 minutes away
    from my work, so I'm just going to meet up with him on Friday and pick up the card
    myself and save on shipping + Ins. He was actually very pleasant to talk to so everything's
    cool now.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    Luv it when things work out! image

rbd

edit: Good conversation and you saved money too!